Wednesday 27 March 2019

Wednesday, March 27th

A gorgeous day in the valley, just as warm as yesterday, but the sun was not out as it was overcast.
   I started the day with the golf group at Apache Sun.  Our group was down to 14 this morning and it was out last organized round for this winter season.  I played in a threesome and had one of my worst rounds of the year today.  There were a few bright spots in the round, especially the people I played with.  Marg went to the Fort with two of the gamblin' gals.  One of them won an early bird game, but that was it, so success eluded her today.  They had lots of laughs and generally a good time.  Not sure how she does it as she is experiencing more difficulty than any time in the past.  We will be looking at our options for returning home in the next few days.
  After golf I played some pool and then went to the hardware for a few things.  The clothes steamer blew over and needs some repairs.  Not exactly certain what will do the task, but have an idea that I will try.  We'll see if it works out.  This is a vital part of our lives here, so if it doesn't work I think a new machine will be the answer.
  Marg sent me a text when they left the Fort, so I was able to meet them at the gate so I could give her a ride back to our place.  We went to take in the last half of happy hour.  It was on the patio at the clubhouse tonight, so always attracts a good sized group.  There is a surprise 50th anniversary party in the clubhouse on Friday and it seems I am toasting buns on the grill for it.  Gary [of Gary's hamburgers] got a new rear end in his work golf cart so Marg and the gals were saying "nice rear end Gary".  It was good for a lot of laughs.  He was explaining it to me and I never realized not all carts have rear ends that turn the same way.  Some are clockwise while others are counter-clockwise.
  Supper tonight was Taco Bell.  We both had the Chalupa box.  It is great and good value.  It contains :a crunchy taco, burrito, chalupa, dessert cinnamon twists and a drink - all for $5.  Hard to believe, but it is really very good.
  After we got back the couple across the road came by to say farewell.  They are leaving tomorrow morning.  They had their  five year old grandson come for a visit about  days ago and he is travelling home with them.  He goes all over the place with their dog in the back of a wagon.  He came as well and we gave him an ice cream bar.  We would call it a revell, but here it's a Star Bar.  Then I went to poker.  We only had one table tonight and 6 players. They were kind enough to accept my donation at the table to help with their travel costs.
  In case any rum drinker is reading this I am posting this picture of the Safeway flyer today on a deal for a 750  ml bottle of it.

3 comments:

  1. I’m not a regular rum drinker but at those prices I might consider becoming one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taco Bell... makingnis all jealous now x

    ReplyDelete