Monday 25 March 2019

Monday, March 25th

Wow the weather really turned up the heat today.  It was sunny, not a cloud in the sky and the temp reached 86 F or 30 C out there.  There was a bit of a breeze from time to time, but it never cooled anything down.  Did get to try out the AC in the park model, it works fine.
   In the morning I went down to the mail boxes to post a letter/card to Michigan for Marg.  When I got there the mailman was filling the boxes, so I got the card we fill out telling them we are away and asking that no unaddressed mail be left in our box.  Marg did a load of laundry in the morning. It was a great day for drying out in the sun.  A bit later I looked at weather and roads for the route home.  It doesn't look too bad and our departure date is starting to look like Wednesday or Thursday next week.
  I went golfing at the Links at Queen Creek with 3 guys from the park.  It was a while since I played there, a nice course.  We went a bit early and had a burger on the patio before playing.  We played a different format, they call 6 6 6, where you play as partners with each person in the foursome for 6 holes.  The same format we played at San Marco a while back.  You play to win, lose or tie a hole.  At the end you count up wins and the person with the least [me] buys everyone a beer.  I still had a good game, carding a 46 on each nine.  That was even with two water ball penalties and a third one for a lost ball.  It was one fellows last day as he heads home to New Mexico tomorrow, kind of a farewell tour I guess.  I was sure glad I thought to take along my cooling towel.  If you're not familiar, you just get it wet, wring it out and put it on. I drape it over my neck and shoulders or sometimes on my head, it works great on a hot day.  We finished in 3 hours 40 minutes, generally considered a decent rate of play, but he course ranger came to us saying we had to speed up our play.  When we asked the pro back at the clubhouse he apologized saying it was a mistake.
  Marg went out for lunch with a group of five ladies to Ihop that she said was good.  They stopped at a few shops on the way back.  By the time she got home, she was starting to feel unwell, so spent the rest of the day in or around our place.  Took a bit of a nap and generally took it easy.  It was quite late in the day by the time she started to improve.  She sure is sneezing a lot, probably the pollen.  Out on the golf course today the pollen off the cottonwood trees was so heavy it looked like it was snowing on one hole and putting surface was covered in white.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hope Mom feels better... I remember that pollen playing havoc with my sinuses ... nice golfing x

    ReplyDelete