Saturday 30 March 2019

Saturday, March 30th

  Just another perfect weather day in the valley.  We even had a bit of breeze that helped make it better/
  After a bite to eat I put the pictures from the 50th anniversary on a memory stick and took it to the couple who copied it to their computer as I wanted the stick back.  Then we went out to the small flea market on the trail.  There was a vendor with an old golf club [in rough condition]  a few weeks back, so I wanted to see if he still had it.  It was gone, but I bought 2 wrenches.  Then we stopped at an estate sale on the way home where I bought a collection of sockets [about 15 of them] for 75 cents and a bike lock cable for 25 cents.  Then at a park on the road just up from our park we stopped and Marg got a nice old tea cup and saucer of bone china made in England for the princely sum of a dollar.
  When we got back I got out the bike rack we picked up way back when we first got here and my old bike.  I mounted it on the towing hitch and then the bike on the brackets.  It fits very well so I removed the parts I thought would either cause problems wrapping it or would suffer damage if the roads are wet with snow or rain.  After I wrapped and taped some bubble wrap on then wrapped it with shrink or cling wrap that is designed for packing and moving.  Now fingers crossed that it doesn't blow off in the first mile on the highway.  Just after I finished we had a stream of visitors and a facetime with Roger & family and a short one with Haylee.  One of Marg's gamblin' gals came over with her grand daughter to print out tickets to some entertainment event, a concert I think.  Then Blanke's came for quite a while.  Doris has not been feeling up to par, so for her drink I offered her a Gator aid after telling her my old doctor always recommended it for times I was unwell. Later in the day it seemed to have helped her.
  Lunch was tuna sandwiches on the table in the breezeway.  We had quite a few more visitors after lunch, including Linda with her dog Sadie [Jack Russell terrier].  She goes straight to Marg who always gives her a dog treat as she sits kind of begging for it.  Linda gives Marg a bag of dog treats at the start of every year, so this has been going on for a few years.
  After I got the bike put away and the rack off the truck, we went for a ride around the park in the golf cart.  Stopped to check the mail and the slot was empty.  Not too much of a surprise as we never had our mail forwarded this year.  On the way we noticed a couple guys packing stuff from Clifford's old place to their new one.  The deal was take a box or something from the old to the new place and get a margarita at the new place.  They had lots of folks participate and the funny part was Jim wouldn't give me or anyone a second box so everyone could participate.  A tough day for him as they were busy moving, hosting happy and his friend [another park resident] went home Wednesday and had a big heart attack yesterday.  His friend is one of the guys I golf with and we are all very concerned with his condition.
  After the happy hour, the couple right across the road from their place was hosting a Mexican dinner.  Lorretta cooked enough for a small army, so when she saw the group were not going to eat all of it, she went to the place of the anniversary couple and invited them and their family to join us.  It was very good.  A busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment