Sunday 31 March 2019

Sunday, March 31st

A gorgeous day in the valley.  A bit of  a breeze and the temp reached 81 F or 27 C.  We had a nice facetime with Charlene just before they went out for a curry.  Happy mothers day to our mothers in England, especially Charlene & Anna.
  It was a boring day to report on.  We started putting things away, like all the front yard ornaments and the wall hangings in the breezeway.  We packed all the clothes in both closets into garment bags and  tote bags.  By we I mean I helped her with the garment bags and she did the tote bags and several boxes of groceries, a large bag of shoes and other miscellaneous stuff.  I loaded that and other stuff that I packed in the truck where the capacity if quickly being used. We had quite a few boxes, but in the middle of the morning I ran out to the U Haul dealer to buy a couple more.  I have found that if I run around looking for free boxes, I really don't save anything and seldom get boxes that are the right fit.  I don't know what we will do if we ever stop bringing a truck.  We have two boxes left to go in as well as a bunch of small stuff that will need room in the truck box.  The rear seat will be for the bags we take in to the hotel at night and stuff we want on the road: the travel binder, drinks, snacks, the camera, etc.
  We had eggs, well more like omelets and toast for lunch.  That used up the last of the bread and a few buns Marg sliced up for toast.  She has things pretty well planned this year, usually we have a lot of fridge and freezer stuff to get rid of at the end and she goes around the park like a food bank on wheels.
  In the afternoon it was more of the same until the Az room was empty and the truck full.  With the heat of the day we took several rest breaks and re-hydrated.  I did some stuff on the internet for tenants association stuff.  Then I did some stuff on the condo association site for home, checked the weather forecast and roads for the trip.  I went on a garbage trip and stopped to spray the weeds at Lynettt's.  I had a spray bottle that was almost gone, so rather than leave it to dry up in shed I applied it around her trailer.  Didn't get all of them done, but pretty close when it ran out.  The same with some bug spray I had and both containers went to the bin.
  Supper was again using up what was in the fridge.  Shrimp & seafood sauce for appies, then tempura shrimp, rice, peas for supper.  More fridge management in action.
  After supper I got the ladder out and put some roof coating on the eaves and joints on the tip-out.  I had done the main roof earlier in the winter and these were left when I ran out of time and they had to be done from a ladder.  Mainly I was sealing joints and I wanted to do it while the material was still good.  It's a coating that is much like paint and some of that stuff dries up over the hot summer while it is sitting in the shed. 
  A bit later a couple from across the road came over for a visit and that was our day.

1 comment:

  1. Charlene Smith1 April 2019 at 00:32

    Thanks for the well wishes and Facetime... you missed a great curry xx

    ReplyDelete