Sunday 24 March 2019

Sunday, March 24th

Good grief where has the winter gone, we are now the ones making plans to leave on our return trip, we just need to pick a date next week.  Oh yes, the weather, well it was great today, hot and sunny.  I saw the thermometer, it was 80 F or about 27 C.
  Got up early enough to go to the worship service in the clubhouse this AM. There was a pretty good sized group considering that folks are leaving every day.  Charlene calls it God bothering, but I think he likes it when I go.  We didn't have a service leader, so the pastor is a bit of a free spirit and we just accept it as it comes.  It was pretty funny when he was on about the symbolism of some things like the Easter bonnet in his sermon and one of the parishioners blew her trumpet.  Kind of woke us all up, LOL.  If you are reading this, I put in a good word for you.
  When I got home, my darling wife had a nice brunch for us.  We had bacon, eggs, toast and she fried up the left over potatoes and veg from the bbq.  No one does warmed up potatoes like Marg.  It was just the right thing at the right time.  I went down to help Jim & Paul with a shed he is building.  Jim is having some medical issues and certainly needs the helping hand.  I joke about needing to learn about construction the way they do it in New Mexico.
  Our next mission was to the Mesa market, where I had to trade pocket books with the old gal and her daughter.  She gave me 5 bucks for my books and I picked up 5 more.  When I paid her for the ones I got I said, this is like poker.  I'll see your 5 and raise you 5.  Well I thought it was funny.  When I finished I had to call Marg to find her.  If you have been there at all you know what I mean.  Caught up to her and we headed out, picking up the clear Mexican vanilla she went for as well as a large bag or locally grown oranges.  The vendor said they would be the sweetest oranges we have eaten and he wasn't far from the truth.
  Back at our place Marg packed up a box of miscellaneous stuff.  We are starting to accumulate our stuff to take home in our Az room.  There is getting to be quite a lot of it already.  Every day I put something in there, with any luck there should be room in the truck for all of it.  We won't start putting anything in the truck until the date is firmed up.  I did some reviews of our route on the internet.  I use the weather channel and look at the highway cams in Montana and Alberta on the route we travel.  As of today the roads are bare, a bit of rain in one area and snow in the ditches.  There is some rain/snow mixed in parts of the forecast, so we are waiting as the forecasts are more accurate closer to the date.
  In the afternoon we chill- axed as it was very warm.  We are going through a lot of water lately trying to keep hydrated in this warm weather.  Had some visitors today, me the guys I am golfing with tomorrow and Marg the gals she is going for lunch with tomorrow.  We had an entire cake left over from the pizza night, so she sent me over to the couple across the road with some of it.  Then she sent me back with an orange for each of them.  When they questioned me about it, I said she must think you have fallen on hard times.
  Supper was early tonight as we didn't want to eat too close to ice cream social.  We had some tempura shrimp I did on the bbq and we had steamed rice and peas.  It was very good, she knows I like peas in the rice.  I think they may be my favourite veg.  No desert though.
  Ice cream social was free night as it was the last one.  I had the banana split, Marg the dish of ice cream and some cake.  They sure had lots of variety in the cake they offered.  It was very popular, as anything free always is.  There are lots of campers coming through the park now and a few of them were at ice cream tonight.  They probably thought it's like this all the time.  LOL
  After ice cream I went and played pool with the guys.  Marg went back to our place and did some banking on the computer.  Then she phoned a friend in South Dakota and one in Michigan and caught up with them.  Both ladies she knows from the park here who aren't here this winter.

3 comments:

  1. Crazy how it's end of March already. Be good to see you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for putting in the good word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bothering is an affectionate term x

    ReplyDelete