Tuesday 15 January 2019

Tuesday, Jan 15th

It was forecast to rain today but only sprinkled a few times until around supper time when we got a couple of showers that didn't seem to last long. 
  I rode around the park a bit this morning as I had not been on the velocipede for some days now. The water authority were working on a leak in the main line to the park, so naturally I stopped to watch, along with a half dozen other guys.  As a result I missed the guys riding this morning, so made a short trip of it inside the park.  That kind of riding requires lots of stops, so is well suited to a short ride.  When I got back we went out to the post office in the morning as Marg had some mail to send to England.  On the way back we stopped at the hardware where I got a electrical outlet I needed. 
  Back at the park Marg had some visitors before and after lunch.  We had a bite to eat and then I went to play pool.  Marg's hip has been bothering her.  She has been taking an antibiotic for the cold, so has to hold off on the anti-inflammatory that helps with that pain but has to wait until she is off the first meds.  Cool damp days are her nemesis and that is what we are experiencing today.  There were several visitors during the afternoon as well as a facetime with Char and a couple calls to others.
  There were lots of guys playing pool again today, so a playing spot was hard to come by for late arrivals.  Fortunately I was there early enough.  The guys I played with were a bit different today and for some reason I played as good as I ever have.  One of the players at the table was one of the best in the park and even managed to beat his team a couple of times.  Being a 4 player game where you shoot for partners, sometimes it doesn't matter how well you play.  As the third table vacated a lone player came in looking for a game, so I left the foursome to play with him as he's a pretty good fellow. 
  When I got back I got an update from Marg on her day.  Then we went to happy at the Blanke's.  We never miss when it's at their place.  As it turned out a lot of other folks had the same idea.  It was all good.  We had to be one of the first to leave as we were bbq'ing for supper tonight.  A nice T bone steak and baked potato and as it was bingo night in the park we needed to get that done in a timely way.
  Gerry & Deb came as we were finishing up and we met them at the hall for the next couple of hours.  I won a regular game, but had to share with another winner, so it was small pot of $15.. By the time we shared with Gerry & Deb, it wasn't anything to brag about.
  Our thoughts and prayers go out to Lyzi tonight, a tough day for her.  God Bless you.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are keeping busy. Hopefully Marg gets better soon. Get rid of that cold. Hope all is well with Lyzi.

    ReplyDelete