Monday 14 January 2019

Monday, Jan 14th

 The day got off to a bit of a slow start as we both slept in a bit, something we have not done in a while. It seems to have been the right decision as Marg's cold seems much improved today.
  This morning we went out for some groceries, first to Walmart and then to the Ranch market.  The ranch market is always good, the produce is fresh and very well priced.  Marg had a buggy half full and the two bags of oranges she picked up are some of the nicest ones we've had this winter.
  After lunch Marg was busy with the phone and facetime with the family.  I went to play pool so missed out on those.  I played with one group of guys for a while, but there was a fellow sitting around waiting for a game, so I gave up mine so he could play.  Then I went on to play with a second group after Kenny dropped out.  The unfortunate part was that he came over to play at my invitation and when he was late getting there, I started with the first group.  It is unusual to have that many players, so I guess our game will have to happen another day.
  I left at 3 o'clock as I needed to get a fridge blanket to wrap up our purchase later today.  I went to Harbor Freight where I had a coupon for one for $5.  I also got my freebie today, it's a magnetic dish to hold nuts or bolts when taking something apart.  I have one here as well as at home, but need one for the lake.
  Back to the park for happy hour.  Some friends from Ontario hosted today.  They used the patio at the clubhouse, so it was well attended.  That was nice to see as they put quite a bit of effort into getting things for appies.  The people who have the unit next to the clubhouse came out to go for water when we were all sitting there.  I think Dale wanted to show off a bit.  He drives a Tesla and has a tarp garage, much like we used to have for our boat.  The only problem is that they can't open the doors inside the garage.  Fortunately it's a Tesla.  They park in front of the garage and get out.  Then he pilots the empty car into the garage using his remote control.  It certainly made an impression.
  Again we had to make a timely departure in order to get in supper.  A nice shrimp stir fry with angel hair pasta.
  The reason for our haste was Marg had made a commitment to a lady in San Tan to look at a shelving unit.  She found the listing for it on some buy/sell site in the area.  Up until now we had a tv table in the corner that the computer sat on and the printer was in the closet.  She wanted something for the corner that would accommodate both as well as a few other things.  We had to use the GPS as it was an area we are not familiar with and it was dark.  It gets dark as the inside of a cave here about 6 o'clock and there is not much twilight and nor are there many street lamps to light the roadways.  When we got to the road, we couldn't read the house numbers it was so dark.  I parked and thought I would walk up to a house to see the number and eureka it was the one we were looking for.  The unit was just what she was looking for and in very nice condition, so she bought it. Got a pretty good deal and she was happy, so I have included a pic taken with the camera on the laptop.

1 comment:

  1. Nice shelf. Be great not to have to take the printer out of the closet everytime you need it.

    ReplyDelete