Wednesday 16 January 2019

Wednesday, Jan 16th

An early start to the day, Marg had a road trip with the gamblin' gals to the Fort and I had golf with the group from the park at Apache Sun.
  Gerry drove today and we had 20 golfers in our group today.  It was a bit cool with the heavy dew on the first hole, but by the 3rd hole we were in our shirt sleeves.  The game went pretty well, hit the ball off the tee well except for #2, when I hit a tree.  I have never seen a ball fly back in the air quite like that one, although it still landed on the fairway. Hit a great 3 wood to the green and salvaged a par.  On the 4th tee our cart quit so we had to phone the clubhouse for them to send out a replacement.  The most challenging part of my game today was chipping, but the score came out OK and I never lost a ball.
  Marg had a fun day with the gals, there were 5 of them today.  A couple of them won, but sadly Marg was not among the fortunate.  She did get down to one number several times and on one game for $450 the number she needed was in the monitor when someone ruined her day by calling the dreaded bingo.  They had fun, so it was all good. 
  I played pool in the afternoon.  There were only 4 of us playing.  It was Baker Boys today and a bunch of guys were baking butter tart squares.  It seems I found my stride in pool again today, or maybe all the really good players were in the kitchen, not sure which.  After pool I took the golf cart over to the front entrance for Marg when she gets back.  I think she was glad to see me.  I left her and Lynett to ride back and walked home.
  Supper tonight was Taco Bell.  This time we both had a $5 deal.  We will have to take pictures of the food you get with one of these.  Marg had the chalupa one and I had the burrito one.  A burrito, two hard shell tacos, a drink and some lite crusty cinnamon things for $5.  Hard to believe.
  When we got back, Marg did some of her banking stuff.  On of those is she checks all the receipts against the credit card statement to make sure they are right.  There is so much fraud these days we are a bit anxious about it.  The dollar has slid a bit since we got back here, down to $1.35 for each U.S. dollar.  Kind of painful this year.
  After I went to play poker and Marg dyed her hair.  She had a dye from a beauty shop and it was quite a bit darker than she was led to believe.  I think it looks good, but time will tell what she thinks about it.
  There were two tables a poker again tonight. I probably ended up down a buck or two, but it was a good table to play at. 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds
    Like a busy day all round x

    ReplyDelete