Wednesday 28 February 2018

Wednesday, Feb 28th

Hard to believe February is gone, well the weather at least is showing signs of warming although we have been getting another winter storm here.  They have been getting lots of snow in the high country around Flagstaff, Showlow, etal.  It rained quite a bit last night, in fact I went outside to see what the racket was and it was just rain pounding on the carport.  When it rains here, it is usually has a hard rain time in it much like our thunderstorms at home.
  The day started fine for me, but Marg now has the cold that is going around and she seems to be suffering greatly with it.  It's a nasty cold and it's almost like she is run down with it.  The Gamblin' Gals went today, but she begged off and stayed back to see if she could shake it.
  It was golf day for the park and Gerry C is back now and came out to go.  They had a good turnout in spite of the cool damp weather.  It must have rain a lot at the golf course as they had standing water in places and the fairways were very wet.  We were in the 4th group out and the pace of play was very good today.  My game went pretty well, I only mishit 2 tee shots, the rest were very good, but I did have to get the old ball retriever out today, never a good thing.  It was funny I had left some of my preferred stuff, like the putter in my other bag, but the old putter worked very well.  The score ended up being about what is good for me and the guys were good fellows to play with.
  When I got back it was just about lunch, so I made a sandwich and Marg napped on and off.  I went out to look at the screen door for Gary and it was a bit of a mess.  The wheels were worn out and it was wedged in the frame so it would not slide at all and was stuck half open.  It was the result of tinkering, so I managed to get it unstuck and out of the track.  That was all I could do as it needs new wheels on the bottom.  I would probably replace them if it was mine, but these are a bit different, so I think the unit owner is going to have to get that done at the hardware store and then I will put it back in the frame.  There has been quite a bit of tinkering in a crude fashion that has caused other problems, so he needs to be left to deal with the repair of it.
  After that I went to play pool in the last half of the afternoon.  I was lucky as one of the fellows I like to play and I played one on one for an hour or so and we had lots of laughs.  This left the house quiet and Marg got some rest.
  It was hamburger night, so I went out and picked up two cheeseburgers To-Go and Marg put some frozen fries in the oven.  When I went to pick up the burgers, it took a long time with so many people asking how Marg is doing and make sure I wished her well.  The burgers were our supper and they were good.  Finished it off with a piece of that chocolate cake she made for when her cousins were here.  It was so good, they should come more often.
  A package arrived today from Amazon.com.  I am pretty sure our charming daughter, Charlene, had something to do with it.  Why do I think that?  Well the other day I got a message from her to the effect that a package was coming and she didn't want to hear any protests about it or get scolded about doing it and that she is an adult, almost 50 years old now.  Pretty funny.  I must remember to give her a lecture about it when I open it.  LOL
  After supper it was poker night for me, shower for Marg.  I had lots of fun, her not so much, but she said she felt better with the shower.  I about broke even and again we had lots of laughs tonight. 
 

2 comments:

  1. A girl is entitled to send a birthday gift to her parents... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon Marg.

    ReplyDelete