Thursday 1 March 2018

Thursday, March 1st

A nice day in the Valley of the Sun.  It was warmer than it has been for a while, I think we got up to about 70F. 
  Marg continues to suffer from that nasty cold and is in day 3 with it, so I hope it breaks soon as it has been really tough on her.  She reminded me that mine lasted a week, but it didn't seem as bad as what she has.
  I went to the coffee klatch this morning as it was the first meeting of the new executive.  They have already made a few changes in the meeting format that are the result of a vote they held among those present, so it seems positive.  The best news was the donuts were free today, one of the park couples bought them.  We also had a financial update from the treasurer today and the association is in very good financial condition, even after having made some significant purchases.
  After coffee I went to check on the screen door that I had agreed to look into as the owner had agreed to the repair costs.  I took it over to Best Hardware for them to replace the wheels on the bottom as they were worn out.  They only charge $10 to replace them and it was well worth it with what is involved.
  When I got back we had lunch and relaxed for a bit. Then I went to play pool as Marg was going to nap and didn't need me banging around in the trailer.  I played with two other guys who are pretty darn good, one of whom was the guy I played yesterday.  He was still complaining that I treated him rough, but that's just a standard thing between us. I didn't play as well as the yesterday, but still managed to hold my own by playing defensively [leave them safe or hooked].  I got a call that the door was done and as the owner was playing pool, we went to pick it up.
  It took a bit of manipulating, but we got the door in and aligned.  The more difficult part was the panel he had installed on the other half of the patio door, but we got it.  It was kind of humorous, he left a $10 bill in the truck, something for me he said.  I tried to protest, but all a guy can do is just say thanks.
  Back to check on Marg and she didn't feel up to happy hour, so I went alone.  She said, it's been so long since we went that we need to see if anything is new in the park.  I didn't get a bunch of new info, but then again I never sat with the gals where it all comes out.  The guys talk about totally different stuff.  It was over at a Lorraine & Jerry's, they finally got their new 5th wheel placed on a lot in the park.  They had been renting until now, so are very excited.  There were lots of people at happy, probably 30 or 40 and it was a nice day to sit out.  Marg's usual $5 deal was still on, so I brought that back for her.  When I ordered they give an amount to pay at the window, but when I drove up the young fellow gave me the seniors discount so it was a couple bucks less.  He was so friendly and chatty that I left him with a tip.
  After supper it was the animal races.  Again Marg never felt up to going, but I had made a commitment to replace one of the guys who helps run it.  In fact he is one the guys who tells jokes between races to keep things going, so I had 3 to tell.  When I got there the guy who moves the animals was home sick, so I also got that job.  They call it the jockey job, and still the elephant never won.
  One of my jokes:
A camper who is new to our park came to Ice Cream social.  It was apparent he had physical problems from the way he shuffled when he walked.  With a great deal of pain he made his way to the front where he placed his order.  After pausing to get his breath, he ordered a banana split, just the regular one. 
One of the ladies asking him about toppings, asked - crushed nuts.
No he replied, just a bad case of arthritis.
 

2 comments:

  1. Well done on the contracting job, remember cash is king. Shame that your jockey got homesickness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear Mom is still poorly... hope she turns the corner on this soon. Sending lots of love xxf

    ReplyDelete