Tuesday 27 February 2018

Tuesday, Feb 27th

Wow almost done with February.  It was a nice day, although windy as a storm front was moving in.  The weather forecast was for rain in the afternoon, but it held off until evening.  We did some cleaning in the morning and then it being National pancake day  a late breakfast of pancakes.  It was the first time in a while that I used a frying pan and for pancakes but I managed without burning any.
  Marg's cousins [from Edmonton] who she had not seen for about 15 years showed up just after 1:00 and called saying they were close but wanted final instructions.  I kind of chuckled when Billy called as they were only about 5 blocks away, so it didn't take much coaching.  Billy has a place in Goodyear, so a good hours drive from here.  They wanted to get together last summer, but their route to Alaska changed and they never went through GP.  His older brother Joe was down for a couple of weeks, but had been waiting to get over a cold, but leaving tomorrow so it was their last opportunity.  Apparently their wives had stayed back to do some packing.  It was a nice visit with them reminiscing and then going over the Samoridny family history.  We shared what little we had and they had some information that was new to us they shared.  They ended up staying the better part of 3 hours, so a nice visit.  Marg had made a nice chocolate cake and iced it with ganache that we had with coffee, very nice.
  As we had skipped lunch, it wasn't long after they departed that we started on supper preparation.  In the process we had a box of pasta that was too much for one meal, but not enough for two, so we cooked it anyway with shrimp in a stir fry.  Seeing how much we had Marg went over to ask Janice if she would like a plate.  When she came over to get the plate, she ended up staying with us to eat dinner.  Living alone especially with her medical situation a number of ladies here are doing things to help her.  She had enough left over to take it for her lunch tomorrow and Marg sent her home with a piece of the cake.
  After supper we went to the hall for bingo.  Marg had the lucky cards tonight and managed to get one win and a good number of almost wins.
  Yesterday I mentioned picking up a job, actually I think I picked up two.  Marg is on the organizing committee for the spring tea, I thought it was tee and now I am helping.  I think it's making hot water and passing out trays of finger food.  Anyway I got another job today as Gary stopped to ask me if I would look at a screen door for an older guy in the park as he is too busy.  I probably wouldn't have for the guy, except it's hard to refuse Gary.  The only question I had was how in the heck did Gary know I had fixed a few of these for other folks?

1 comment: