Wednesday 21 February 2018

Wednesday, Feb 21st

No sense commenting on the weather, it is pretty much the same old story again today.
  We had oatmeal this morning.  I have a spurtle here; as well as at home, so in a fine tradition of porridge making ancestors I made us a pot.  It turned out to be a good way to start the day.
  Shortly after Marg was waiting for the gals to pick her up as they were going for a little retail therapy at 10.  At the appointed hour she got a call that there was a meeting of the entertainment committee this morning so she went down to the hall to discuss the many and varied ways to amuse the tenants here in Carefree Manor.  I never saw her again, so with 3 of them in the meeting, it appears they left for shopping right after the business was concluded. 
  Normally this is a busy day for me, but I cancelled on the golf this morning.  I heard later in the day that was a good decision as it was very chilly at the course.  I went out to get  lottery tickets for the Powerball and Mega Millions draws this week.  The jackpots are small, only a couple hundred million, so that might improve my odds.  Well could happen.  Then I went for water at the dispenser right by the convenience store and picked up a bag of ice as well.  Marg had said she was going to ask them back, so as it was at the same machine as the water, I got a bag.
  I returned home and basically did very little all day after lunch.  Yes, it was me making the sandwich and washing up again.  I had a bit of a nap an looked out he patio door to see a lady from the park standing there.  She is a fellow Albertan and wanted to find out how our family are doing having met Daniel & Vanessa.  She is originally from England so inquired after Lyzi as well.  Nice of her to remember.  She is pretty chatty and left after about an hour.  Then I drifted off again and looked up to see another lady from the park at the door.  She and her parents are in the park.  She lives independently but is mentally challenged, so needs support, so everyone in the park keeps an eye out for her. She is quite self sufficient and wanted to fine out if we were going to her mother's pizza party and if I could put it on the FB site.  It was her dad's birthday I put on last week and she wanted to see the post.  She was mixed up on the years, he was a year younger than I noted, but at this age, no biggie.  She stayed for a long half hour as she forms her ideas slowly.  Then is was back to my nap.
  Next time I looked up there was a woman in the trailer, well it was Marg, she had returned with a couple of bags, so some success today.  Apparently they went to a mall that was new to her, an older mall but with good stores, I guess.  There were 4 of them and I guess they also had lunch someplace around there.  She informed me that the other 3 and their spouses were coming over for margaritas.  Well 2 of the guys have been hankering for a drink of scotch.  Well they each have a bottle, one is trying to learn to like it, the other likes it just fine.  The guy learning was looking to try some other types to see what he enjoyed.  We had a 12 yr. Macallan, a nice bottle from Tullibardine and a Glenfiddich.  Then we had a nice Irish Whisky and that turned out to be the one they liked best.  Oh, yes the women you might ask, well Marg had the blender out with the bag of previously mentioned ice and the ladies had mango margaritas.  She also had a plate of meat, cheese & crackers out for a snack.  It was chilly in the breezeway, so the propane fire pit came in very handy today.
  By then it was supper and a bit late for supper, so even though we had steak out to bbq, Marg made a pot of spaghetti and we called it a day.  By 6 o'clock it is pitch black out here and I don't have a light out back on the patio where we have the bbq, so that was the best option

1 comment:

  1. Made me laugh the way people just kept appearing at your door. Guess when your not well it’s difficult to have a day of rest as everyone can tell your home. x

    ReplyDelete