Tuesday 20 February 2018

Tuesday, Feb 20th

Another chilly day, I think either last night of tonight is the coldest of the week, 38 tonight, so that is about 3C.  The east is enjoying mild weather while out west here we are not so fortunate.  That is from a snowbird perspective, the locals while handling the cold very poorly, are pleased to see snow in the higher elevations that will become water for the valley.  With the long drought here and snow levels below average, this is providing some much needed moisture.  Such is life in the desert.
  Still fighting the head cold, so went to CVS pharmacy this morning and spoke with the pharmacist.  She suggested a Sudafed product that is behind the counter and Tylenol.  So that is what I got, well after a pretty thorough question and identification process.  They even electronically scanned my drivers license.  It was not expensive and I am getting quite a bit of relief with the sinuses and headaches, so am starting to think I may live through this.  I reminded Marg of the study where they equated a Man Cold to child labour in women saying they were about equal.  She is still not a believer, but at least I have planted the seed.
  I pretty much sat around the house today as I didn't want to get chilled.  Well that was the plan.  Just after I got home, Sheldon came over to say his wife was on the phone with their service provider and asked if I would sit in on the phone call.  I thought well if they want this cold OK.  I didn't sit in, I was on the phone.  It seems she had erased a bunch of stuff, like her pathway to Google & all her friends on Facebook and was having difficulty following along with the help desk person.  We managed to get her connected again and I showed her the Icon that gives her the Google home page.  Then I showed her how to go about finding her former friends and then inviting them again.  Time will tell how that goes.
  Marg did a couple of loads of laundry.  It was a bit cool in the breezeway, but out back on the patio it was in the sun and actually quite pleasant.  There was a bit of a breeze and that helps with the laundry drying unless it blows it over.  That usually doesn't happen, but today a few things had to be re-washed.  I tried to convince Marg to dry at the Laundromat, but that didn't happen.  Not certain what all happened today as I may have fallen asleep in my recliner and not really certain how long that lasted. Although I know a few guys that do this after lunch on a regular basis, this is very unusual for me.  I did cancel golf for tomorrow, I don't think it will be warm enough first thing for me to go out with the group.
   Shortly after we had a nice facetime with Charlene & Phil.  Lots of excitement in their lives right now with Lyzi's wedding in August and Katie going through university interviews & still very involved with young farmers.  We got an update on Sophie & Benji, who both are very advanced for their ages.
  Supper and then off to bingo where it was the first night with the new bingo machine.  It went pretty well, new things often times have bumps, but they weren't too bad tonight. We never won; it was that old close, but no cigar again tonight.  But we were very close.  Oh yeah, Marg found out tonight that her agreeing to help the Entertainment Committee meant she was a candidate and she was voted on the committee.  Good for her, I think.  LOL

2 comments:

  1. Hope it warms up for you guys. Although still -25 here tonight. We are ready for warmer weather as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon and the cold doesn’t last. Sounds like exciting times ahead for Mom. Thanks for the FaceTime xx

    ReplyDelete