Tuesday 6 February 2018

Tuesday, Feb 6th

Another nice day in the valley, with the temp climbing to 80 or a bit above today.  It is quite a temperature climb to get there as the night time temps were in the 40's.  We set the thermostat to 67F which is about 17C and the furnace cuts in a few times during the night.  To go out at night you really need a jacket.
  After breakfast we went out to the insurance agency to pay our policy renewal.  In the process we added the golf cart to our policy for an additional $35/year and that includes theft coverage.  The policy on the park model has personal liability of $100K, so I am covered to break a lot of windows with my errant golf shots.  LOL  The gals at the agency are great to deal with and our favourable comments about them has quite a few people from the park getting their coverage there.  After that I stopped at Ace hardware to get some bags for the shop vac.  While there I checked on the screws that are in the box I bought at the park sale on Saturday for 25 cents.  They were 45 cents each, so double the price I paid for the box - hard to believe, but true.
  When we got back, Marg put a load of washing in and went to water aerobics.  They had a pretty good turn out and the weather was perfect for time in the pool.  There are a few people here who have grandchildren with them this week and they were in the pool after the aerobics group finished.  Some days it is a golf cart parade leaving the pool when they finish.  On the way back she stopped to give the gal across the street from us and her granddaughter a ride on the cart.  The little one just turned 4 and is here visiting her grandparents.  I guess she was pretty happy having a ride on the cart and a bit later Marg gave her a sticker book that had puppies and accessories.  The last time I saw her she had her grandparents dog in a wagon and was pulling, so Marg was pretty sure she would like it  Her older brother was here last year and Marg made a bit of a fuss over him as well.
  I stayed home in the morning and worked on the caulking around the new outdoor lights and over the patio door.  When I installed the lights they didn't fit tight against the wall because of the siding profile, so I put clear silicone in the gaps.  The old caulking over the patio door was not very well done and was very lumpy and looking terrible, so I cut the excess of it off.  The end result was rated as a significant improvement by Marg when she returned.
  Lunch was a sandwich and after I went to play pool while Marg went out to pick up some things we needed.  One of the things was vitamin B-12.  When she was here Charlene suggested I take it because of the number of migraines I was having.  Since I started taking it I have had one migraine in the past 4 months, where I was getting them at least weekly sometimes daily.  I guess Marg had trouble finding pool noodles, so that is still on the needs list.  I guess the supply of these has dwindled to where she wants to get her own, probably best anyway so she doesn't have to compete for the good ones.  When she got back, she had quite a bit of company and there were a couple still there when I got back.
  I played pool in a group of four and when another fellow came, left to play with him.  Someone always does that so everyone who shows up has an opportunity to play.  My game was about as good as it ever gets today, so it was a lot of fun for yours truly.  The guy I left the group to play with is one of the better players here and had the opposite kind of day.  You know the kind of day when nothing goes right for a guy.  I am pretty certain the next time the roles are reversed the "No Mercy" rule will be in place.
  We went for happy hour and there were a new couple from Ontario there.  They live between London & Strathroy, so is close to where my cousin Lorne and his family live.  The group was a smaller one which is always nice, so you can actually carry on a conversation.  The hosts today are one of the couples that generally tries to keep it that way, we by the way are another.  The definition of small varies somewhat, but there were about 18 today.
  Supper tonight was bbq steak, baked potato, yams.  It was a very nice steak and thick. We try to cut down on our red meat, so Marg generally cuts off as much as she wants and I start it early, especially with a thick steak.  After hers cooks for about 15 minutes I put mine on and it seems to work out the way we both like it.
  Bingo tonight at the hall and there were no winners at our table.  Marg waited on a last number quite a bit, me only once.  The games were all changed tonight, to the ones they are programming in to the new bingo machine.  We had a good crowd and the money ball was won again.  It was a smaller payout than last week, but still worthwhile.  Everyone was happy for Christine [she is from Tofield] as she is kind of the MC and helps selling cards both at the start and intermission and is well liked in the park.  Ah well some times you are bug and other times the windshield.
  I noticed some typo's in the post yesterday, I trust each of you can get the gist of my diatribe and figure out what I was trying to say as I don't have an editor and often times do this late in the evening.  Ciao bella. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the B12 is working ... it’s sure made a difference to me xx

    ReplyDelete