Wednesday 7 February 2018

Wednesday, Feb 7th

Happy birthday Daniel, we hope you had a very good day on your 15th birthday.  Sorry we could not be there to share it with you.
  Pretty windy today, but sunny and warm.  I believe it was in the low 80's at the high point.  When I say it warmed up, there is generally a noticeable heat starting to build by mid-morning peaking shortly after the noon hour.  It stays hot until about supper time and by 6 o'clock the sun has set and it cools off quickly.
  I went golfing with the group from the park this morning.  We had a good turnout, but not quite as many as last week. I had a better than average game, except for my putting.  Old Fish Boat here, if I could have eliminated a few 3 putts, I would have had a great game.  You know putt, putt, putt.  I had a bogey on every par 3 hole today, even though I drove the green on two.  Arghhh!  I was closest to the pin on #7 for a few groups, but Gene stuck one on closer and took the prize money today.  Two weeks he nipped me on the longest putt.  I told him this is getting serious as I was going to use the money to send my grandchildren to kindergarten.  Not much sympathy there.
  Marg put a pork roast in the slow cooker and went to water aerobics.  They had a good turnout today.  She said the pool was wonderful, but the wind made it feel cool when she got out.  In fact she took a bathrobe to put on when she got out.  When I got back to the park I drove past the pool taking Alan to his trailer as he rode with me.  All the gals were still splashing away but they must keep an eye open for whoever goes by as they were waving at me.  It must have been close to the end as Marg showed up back at the trailer shortly after [flying down the road in her bathrobe].
  After lunch I went to run a few errands and Marg had visitors.  There were a few groups of them as they have been getting together to talk about the celebration of life for Richard on Saturday.  I think it is starting to come together.  Knowing these gals I am certain it will be a fitting tribute to a great guy.  It is still a bit of an emotional subject.  I went to the post office, then to Best Hardware and finally to get water in the 5 gallon bottle.  By the time I returned - more visitors and I went to play pool.
  Supper tonight was the roast from the slow cooker, mashed potato and vegetables.  There was enough for 3, so Marg made up a plate for Janice next door.  I guess she is having a tough day, so I delivered a plate of supper over to her.  It was a bit later, so Marg said just tell her it was because we had too many visitors or make up an excuse.
  After supper I went to play poker, where I got trimmed pretty badly.  Too much bragging about how well I was doing must have jinxed me.  Marg had Randy over for a bit and he seemed happy with the arrangements for his dad's celebration.  Then she did her baking: brownies and mini cheesecake to donate for the bake sale on Friday.  The big park wide patio sale is on Friday.  She has volunteered for kitchen work with sloppy joes again.
 

1 comment: