Monday 26 February 2018

Monday, Feb 26th

As predicted, it warmed up quite a bit today and got very pleasant out, a nice change from the past week or two.
  We pretty much stayed in today and did housework.  Although this place is not that large, it needs to be gone over because of the dust down here.  Marg usually looks after this, but today I gave a bit of a hand as some of the tasks are more difficult for her when her hip is bothering her.  That usually means operating the vacuum which doesn't take long here and today was no exception.  Then I took on the chore of washing the bathroom floor.  The worst part of that is moving everything and Marg looked after that.  It is a small room, so apparently it works best with a rag and pail of sudsy water.  This was new to me, but it went quickly and was relatively painless.  I'm not sure if this is a new duty or if I am filling in for an invalid and really not sure if I should ask.  After I finished Marg went at the rest of the unit with a swifter type mop and did the floors.  Apparently they were definitely in need of it as it took a couple of pads to complete the job.  Well that was exciting.  We are having company tomorrow.  Sheesh we have company every day, but these must be getting special attention.
  While she was swabbing the decks I went out to visit Wink and give him back his jar of screws.  He was busy, so I thanked him and chatted a bit.  Just as I was leaving I handed him an envelope with a thank you card.  He said there better not be any money in there, you had better stand here while I open it.  Well, I took off and said I have to be somewhere as I left.  Imagine him thinking there was money in it, that was pretty presumptuous.  I just had to get away because the amount was small, Marg had put in the note that he should take his wife out to lunch.  LOL.  On the way back I got stopped to chat and ended up with a job, they want me to help with the joke telling during the interludes between races to help fill the time.
  Home for lunch and then I went out to play pool with the guys.  It was a smaller group today, so I played one on one with one of the better players.  I did get 2 wins, but that was partly luck the rest of the games he won fairly handily.  When I play him I generally try to leave him tough, but that only works part of the time.
  Marg came in to the pool room to call me out as it was pizza time.  One of the people in the park had been through a time with cancer and came through it pretty well and wanted to celebrate by treating the people in the park to a pizza party.  Her parents are also in the park and helped her set it up.  She is challenged, but functions pretty independently and everyone kind of looks out for her.  In fact earlier she had come to ask me to post it on the FB page.  It was well attended in spite of being at 2:00, so just after lunch.  There was lots of variety and everyone got 2 slices plus 2 bread sticks.  I guess they had 3 dozens pizzas.
  After I went back to play pool with 2 other guys.  They are both quite good, but we usually have good games and quite a few laughs.  I won a few games, but lost one that they had a lot more fun with than me.  I was on a big come-back to victory making 5 balls in a row and then the 8 ball, except I scratched the cue ball on the shot.  It sure put a smile on their faces.
  On my way back to our place I found Marg at happy half way down our road, so stopped in.  It was nice to discover that she had a beer in a cozzie to keep it cool sitting in the cart waiting for me to show up.  We exchanged a bit of gossip and lots of it was  negative stuff, so I said we have some happy news to share and commenced telling them about Katie getting an offer from Nottingham U.  I must have got a bit carried away as I got the look to wrap it up.  Let them eat their hearts out.
  That was about it for today, oh yeh, I took a couple of photo's of my project on the carport the first form the front, the second from behind the place.

2 comments:

  1. A neat job on the breezeway, let them eat their hearts out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was a lovely FaceTime thank you xx

    ReplyDelete