Monday 19 February 2018

Monday, Feb 19th

As I have been saying for the last couple of days the weather turned cooler and will stay that way all week.  Hey this is not the Arizona we signed up for.
  Marg went with Cindy to the Fort today.  The Gamblin' Gals were down to just the two of them. I think that must be a first, I guess everyone else had commitments.  It was the old we came close kind of day, that seems to be Marg's story this year.  It has been uncanny how many times she has been one number away with her winning number on the monitor waiting to be called next when some yahoo yells bingo.  I am sure it is exciting, but it's not as good as winning.
  The morning was windy and cool, so I did some work on the computer.  I had an email from the condo board at home saying they are developing a code of conduct for board members.  It was pretty good, but was kind of boilerplate text for dealing with problem boards.  We are a small condo and don't really have those issues, but we are getting 2 new members this year, so it is prevention.  I sent the other board members a reply with about 4 or 5 issues we may want to take a closer look at.  They seem on side with changes on all but one or two of my suggestions.  Then I got a notice on the Block Party that I scanned and posted on the tenants assoc. FB page here.  After that I made a bingo sign using the park logo for the new machine here that I took to the park manager.  He was happy to have the park logo digitized and just wanted a larger font, so we made that change and re-printed it.  Then I copied the two files on his computer in case he has any future need for them.
  After that I came home for lunch.  Yes you guessed it right, no one here to make it so I got out the frying pan and warmed up the corned beef & cabbage from yesterday.  Yes another astounding move, I have leftovers, but after all that is one of my favourite dishes.  Then another problem, the sink was full of dirty dishes, I sure miss Marg on their day at the Fort.  No I didn't leave them, I washed & dried the, wiped down the stove, put everything away.  Whew.
  I went to play some pool in the afternoon, well what there was left of it.  Anyway there was only one table with 3 players and it is the one where the competition is very tough.  I played reasonably well especially in the first game, that we won.  I think I only played about 4 games, then they all left.
  After I stopped at Wink & Mayva's to talk about some panels in his shed.  He is getting rid of the shed and emptying out the contents.  He & Rich had two buildings, the other their shop they used to rebuild golf carts and sell them.  The panels are the same as the ones on the open side of our carport.  Marg has been after me to close off the rear part by the Az room to stop the winds from blowing through there.  I ended up taking it all plus a spare tire for the cart, but when I went to pay him I had the age old problem - he wouldn't accept payment.
  About that time Marg was due back so I went to the front gate to pick her up.  It was supper in tonight.  It sprinkled a bit off and on today, but it could have been the wind blowing from some lake miles away as hard as it blew.  I am still fighting the head cold, arghhh!
 

1 comment: