Tuesday 13 February 2018

Tu8esday, Feb 13th

It rained a bit during the night and the day started out cloudy.  Well they called it rain, but it barely wet the pavement, at home I don't think they would even have reported that amount of rain.  Further north in the high country they got quite a bit of snow in some places, like Show Low, but lesser amounts in places like Flagstaff. 
  The temperatures have cooled off quite a bit, I think I saw 19C on the truck readout today.  It wasn't cold enough to warrant a jacket, but I did wear long pants.  Marg did about 3 loads of laundry today and although the machine is quite a bit smaller that is still a lot.  She had a visitor today asking her to take on a new role with the tenants association but she declined.  Then Gary stopped by to tell us about his pursuit of a skunk in the park.  When we returned from dinner on Friday night a lot of us thought we smelled skunk.  Anyway he is trying to live trap it to remove it from the park.  I gave him a tarp I have to use in covering the cage both to make it dark and to protect against any unplanned discharge by the skunk.  It's down in our end of the park in the storage yard, not far away, so anything I can do [short of pursuing it] is in my best interest.
  After that we went out to Costco.  I wanted gas and Marg a few other things.  The gas price there is about 20 cents a gallon less than anyplace around here.  Marg got some facial cream, frozen peas and some teriyaki chicken she plans to take to the block party on our street.  I wasn't looking for anything but got some rope lighting for the breezeway.
  We got home and had lunch, then I went to play pool for a while.  Had some good games, I think I won more than lost, so a good day.  Marg continued to play the laundry game.
  When I got back I vacuumed the trailer.  There isn't a lot to it, but that seems to be one of the worst things for Marg's back.  There is a lot of dust here, even after I put caulking on some of the windows to seal them.  Then I used my shop vac to clean up the house vac as the filters get too much dust/lint/hair in them.  Marg had a couple of visitors again in the afternoon.  I think that is how the women in this park know more about what is going on than the guys.
  Supper was bbq and was very good.  We had a tinfoil pan of chopped potatoes, turnip, carrot, onion and then pork chops.  It was a bit of a hurried affair as there was bingo in the hall Tuesday night.  We tried the bingo backdrop I made and it is a work in progress with some adjustments required. The focal length of the camera lens is the main cause of the re-work, but it should be better next week.  I had the hot cards tonight and was close on most games, winning two games.  Nothing in the order of the dollars Marg won, but hey a win is a win.

1 comment: