Wednesday 14 February 2018

Valentines Day 2018

The day started off cloudy and a bit cooler, cool enough for long pants and a sweatshirt for me.  The forecast rain did not start until later in the day.  Just as we got off the golf course as a matter of fact.  I just have to keep reminding myself, this place is in drought conditions and needs the rain, so it is really a blessing.  Even if it is raining on my parade?
  I caught a ride with Allan this morning and went out with the Calloway clubs.  Time to put the regular clubs in the penalty box and perhaps they will get it together.  I never check the bag closely enough before going.  On looking through it, I recalled Daniel had used these clubs last and that explained the few balls in the bag, I think there were about 8 or 10, mostly pretty beat up, although I did manage to find 3 or 4 good ones.  I played with 3 guys from the park, one from Alberta.  I have played with them before and they are fun on the course.  The game started off poorly and didn't get much better for the first 3 holes, so I was really second guessing my decision on the bag.  The last 3 holes were good, so they will be the ones I remember, the ones that keep a guy going back after I burn the score card.  LOL
  Marg washed the floor in the trailer and steamed the clothes from the laundry tis morning while I was away.  Even after the floors were vacuumed, they still had quite a bit of dust clinging to them, just one of the undesirable things in the desert.  I guess the swifter pads were pretty much garbage when she was done.  By the time I go back it was starting to rain, up until then it had been more of a mist.  A pleasant surprise when I got back she had corn bread muffins and soup ready to go.  She knows I like these or biscuits with soup, so it was a very nice lunch.
  When I was returning home I took note of the trap in the storage yard in our area of the park.  On checking with Gary to see if he got skunked, it turns out he did catch a small one this morning.  It's a catch and release trap, you really don't want to kill a skunk in a place like this if you can help it.  That is never good, it means a female and they can have good sized litters.  Anyway he did manage to get the animal control people here to pick it up.  Somehow they got it out of the trap so he could continue trapping without anyone getting sprayed.  It did eat all the marshmallow he put in the cage, so it might have been in a good mood.  He has some lights shining under the building to encourage any others still in there to get out, as there is at least the mother under there.
  It rained pretty much all day, although at times only sprinkling.  Oh yes, the desert needs it, did I mention that already, well I have to keep reminding myself this is a good thing.  Although we didn't have a lot of time on our hands we hung out at home.  Our commitment was to be at the hall for 3 o'clock to help with the Spaghetti Dinner.  One of the couples who are regulars on the kitchen crew were away and Marg just can't refuse some of the people here when they ask for help.  My job today was Water Boiler and sauce/sauce with meatballs stirrer.  Marg was a plate filler and pasta taster.  With the quantities of pasta we were making [for 100 people] we wanted it to be cooked right, not al dante even if that is fashionable in some circles.  As it turned out Gary does most of the cooking at this function and this was where he needed me.  It was a bit of an experience.  The food was good [we ate after everyone was fed] and we had lots of compliments.  The I did some meals on wheels, taking a couple of dinners to people in the park.  Oh during this something funny happened.  Our neighbours were there for dinner and they have their 4 yr old granddaughter staying over. When Jenn pointed Marg out in the kitchen serving, she said and Dave. Olivia had given Marg and I valentines today, so when I saw her went over to the window and thanked her for the valentine.  During dinner she kept looking over at Marg and they had a running thing going.  Cute little thing, very chatty.
  By the time we cleaned up and got out of there, we just wanted to go home and put our feet up.  One of us with a nice glass of Macallan

3 comments:

  1. A nice way to wind up your day and reflect on your closing holes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentines Day... sounds as though it was a decent day. Did the hall have to fill up with all tables for two for those on a date? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well no the setting was not quite that intimate. But then again we are old folks. LOL

      Delete