Monday 12 February 2018

Monday, Feb 12th

The day started cloudy and windy, it seems a weather system is moving in for the next few days.  We may get some rain, they are expecting up to 4 inches of snow in the high country [over 6,000 ft].  With the area in a 20 year long drought, people in the area are really looking forward to the moisture as well as the desert plants. 
  Marg went to the Fort with the gals, I think there were 4 of them today.  It was a good day for her as she had some coupons to $10 off her bingo, then the cashier she always goes to gave her extra coupons, then best of all she won at bingo and was very close on several others.  Her net result financially was very good and she always has a great time when she wins.  She had to split this one so it was $150 in her pocket.
  I had some breakfast and then went to the Food Bank.  No we are not in desperate straits here, I donate my aluminum cans to them.  They really appreciate it even though they primarily deal in food, as the cans help them financially.  Then I went to the hardware where I bought some glue traps.  I use them mainly to catch spiders, crickets and similar critters.  I needed to replace the one in the shed after the snake got all wound up in it with the other critters.
  When I got back I made a sign for the bingo machine and did some posts on the tenants association FB page.  To support the sign I made a wood bracket to sit in front of the camera and hold it.  Then I cleaned up some emails.
  By then I had to make lunch, yes you are hearing correctly. It was leftovers, yes again.  I warmed them up in a frying pan and it was pretty darn good.  It was the pasta and shrimp Marg made the other night.  Well after that I was left with a sink of dishes.  So another domestic chore for yours truly I rolled up the sleeves and did dishes, even put them away after.  I must be in the running for husband of the year award with a performance like that.  Marg was so impressed she even mentioned it.
  I read a bit and then it was time to go pick up Marg at the front gate.  When they get here, she gives Lynett a ride home while I stand on the back, but I get a seat the rest of the way home. 
  A bunch from here went out in the desert today and were just getting back around that time, so we invited them to our place for happy.  It was chilly, so I put out our gas fire pit and it made for a very comfy place to sit out.  Even though I bought it last year, it was the first time we have used it and were happy with it.  The guys all wanted to see the snake I found in the glue trap, the girls not so much.  Anyway I dug it out the trash to show them the fierce 4 or 5 cm snake all dried up.
  Supper tonight was Ihop and Marg had a salad while I went back to my old regular 2x2x2.  The traffic in restaurants is noticeably lighter this winter.  I'm not sure whether there are fewer people eating out or fewer snowbirds period.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Marg! Glad to hear you are not just donating all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Double win for Mom, first Bingo then Dad does the dishes lol x

    ReplyDelete