Sunday 4 February 2018

Superbowl Sunday

Started the day off attending the church service in the hall.  There was a smaller group than last week, but they sang much better.  In fact they were pretty darn good.  The day warmed up shortly after the service and became very warm, I think we made it to 80F again today.  So a beautiful day in the sun.
  After I went over to a friends place, they are from BC, and helped a bit with some of the roof on his car port.  It's the same fellow I got the fridge for yesterday and I actually went to take him a tarp strap he left in the truck.  Then I road around the park a bit as by then it was  gorgeous day.
  Got back and did some work on the outside stair railings.  They get a bit loose from being handled all the time, so just need tightening.  Messed with that for quite awhile until I got both the front & rear to where I was satisfied with them.  After we went out for lunch to Taco Bell.  They have so many specials and good package deals that it's an easy choice.  Marg had a $5 Nacho cheese special and I had a crunch wrap meal, both of which we enjoyed.
  Then it was on to Home Depot where we looked a, well lots really.  We were looking at patio chairs or furniture and lighting for the breezeway.  I think we will eventually get some rope lighting, but for now just got LED outdoor lights for the two entrance doors.  The ones we had were the old original that we generally refer to as ham jars.  They are about the cheapest ones you can buy.  The new LED ones are very nice looking and much brighter as well as energy efficient.  I think we will probably end up with LED lighting in the breezeway to help with using it as a patio.
  When we got home I installed the porch lights and they were as good as we expected, so we're happy with our purchase.  They not only are brighter on the stairs, but the driveway as well.  Marg made a cole slaw and put baked beans in a crock pot to heat. These were her contribution to the group supper at half time during the Superbowl game.  Gene & Sheri invited four couples to their place to watch the game.  The last couple of years it was at Gary & Linda's and I think I must be the only non-football watcher in the group, but I enjoy their company.  Marg made a bit of a variation in the slaw, she added bits of apple like my mother used to do and it was a big hit.  The baked beans she took were a big hit as well.  People here love beans and the ones she takes get great comments, I guess they are just like home-made.
  We went to the Smith's at 4:00 to catch the anthem & kick-off.  I also took a few beers and what was left in a bottle of Tullamore Dew and my shot cups.  The Irish whisky is always a hit with the guys there, but I knew that in advance.  It was a good game and good company, a fun evening.  The half time show was very good and when they had the hologram of Prince as part of the act it gave me an idea.  I should have one made of me and my kids can play it for my grandchildren.  Why you ask, well it could be me telling them to study hard and be the best then can be.  Well the idea still needs work as you can see.
   

2 comments:

  1. Love the hologram idea lol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. “Oh no, don’t put the Hollow grampa on again” I can hear it now.

    ReplyDelete