Sunday 25 February 2018

Sunday, Feb 25th

A nicer day in the Valley.  We started our day with a nice bowl of oatmeal and then went out to take in the day.
  We started out going to a garage sale that Marg found on line and thought looked to have interesting stuff, rather than the usual junk.  She entered the address in our GPS and we had no problem finding the place, but there was no sale.  We re-entered the address and it took us away from that location and to the one where the sale was.  Not sure what happened other than we saw some new places.  LOL. The sale had some unique stuff, like a huge African carving that looked like a warriors mask.  Well this may surprise some of you, but we didn't have one of those and still don't.  She did find a coffee carafe that was brand new that she bought.  I couldn't find one thing of interest, just the usual collection of junk, but in a nice neighbourhood.
  From there we went to the Mesa Marketplace where I took in the books I have read and could have walked away with a cool $5.  Alas such was not the case and I ended up adding another $5 to it for the books I picked up.  This time it was Marg who had no luck.  She never even went in the book stall, that's why.  She did look at some other stuff, in spite of all the booths with good junk.
  From there we went to another Ross's store.  That was the one that had the dress she liked the other day.  Sadly they did not have what she was looking for, but she did find a dress that she could accept, so bought it.  Before you get to jubilant, I have to warn you that this is the official back-up dress and the search for the garment of choice will continue.
  It appears that was sufficient retail therapy, so we went out to lunch. We were in the midst of some very nice restaurants, but we left there in search of the holy grail.  Well we tried the Village Inn on Power, but the line up was too lone, so went across the road.  It was a place we had never been to and as it had lots of people eating in it, thought hmmm, a new find. They had a buffet, but we ordered from the menu.  Marg had a taco salad that turned out to be not so hot.  I had a scramble that was good, but about 4 times what I could eat.  The waitress with the nice full mustache was very nice and accommodating, she kept our coffee cups full.  According to Marg I don't believe we plan on returning to the JB something or rather.
   When we got back home, I tackled the rest of the breezeway siding.  It required a bit of creativity but is done.  Marg was happy with the outcome, so good enough. I should have taken a picture, but it's too dark now.  Maybe tomorrow.
  After supper we went to ice cream social  We sat with some different people again this week.  It is kind of becoming our normal practice now.  One of the ladies came to say they missed me at the church service this morning and that is two weeks now.  I made my cold excuse which got me out of it, she even said she put in a good word for me, so I think I'm OK.
  Oh yes, we got some good news today, Katie was given an offer from Nottingham university in the Veterinary medicine program, a very happy day.

1 comment: