Sunday 18 February 2018

Sunday, Feb 18th

A nice day in the valley, even if it started of a bit on the cool side as it warmed up to be very pleasant.
  I missed the morning church service, staying in this morning until it warmed up.  I have had a bit of head or sinus congestion and it had me feeling out of sorts.  Just in case I had something that I didn't want to pass on to others in the park, I thought it better to pass today.  We both had some nice raisin bread toast, always a bit of a treat in the morning.
  I messed around with the bingo message and ended up printing in about 3 or 4 different sizes. Then I taped it to a golf ball and that seems to be doing the trick.  It was the smallest size of print that I produced that finally worked.  It was a combination of the camera being very close to the ball position and the degree of magnification used to get a large picture that caused me to be challenged with it. They had a trial run with the machine this morning, so about 8 of us went and played on a single strip of 3 cards while the two callers went through various games and scenarios.  One they had not thought about was the possibility of an erroneous bingo call, so I dabbed one and called it.  It kind of threw them for a minute and then the caller said I don't think that is a good bingo.  To which I replied, well no it isn't but I thought you should see what that looks like in a trial.  When they had a break to figure out some stuff someone said is it ice cream break [that is what intermission always is].  Christine gave us each one for helping out, then when all was complete, we got a complimentary  card on the early bird game for helping out. 
  After that we went home for lunch, but on the way got waylaid.  Kenny & Doris had been to a good yard sale yesterday so we had to go back to check it out.  Well they were not operating it today, but we did happen on a guy who buys storage lockers and sells the contents.  Interesting guy, lots of junk though.  Then we went for a bit of a drive down to the Queen Creek area and got a bit of a tour of some newly developing areas out south of here.
  When we got back it was just about happy hour, but we had missed lunch, so passed on happy.  We figured we'd better have an early supper.  I was in luck again, there was left over corned beef and sauerkraut, so Marg fried up some cabbage & hash browns with it and another of my favourite meals.  Then there was a piece of coconut cream pie we split left from last night to finish off the meal.
  A bit later we thought, wait, it's ice cream social tonight.  So we went, but having just eaten we both just had a dish of it tonight.
  Oh yes there were no skunks caught today and we had a beautiful sunset.

2 comments: