Sunday 11 February 2018

Sunday, Feb 11th

The day started out a bit cool & windy so I wore long pants & a jacket to the church service.  The Mexicans and me are not accustomed to this cold weather. LOL.  We joke about the workers at the golf course in their heavy coats & toques while we are in golf shirts and shorts, but maybe the joke is on me now?
  The service was good and the music was good, well what I stayed for.  I left after the sermon as we had a scheduled facetime with Charlene, Phil and all the family.  As a result of a mechanical failure at Anna & Craig's everyone went to Char & Phil's for supper and then baths for the kids. It was great to have the opportunity to talk to everyone this morning, wouldn't have missed it for the world.  What a wonderful start to our day, even if it was supper time for them.
  After we went out to the Mesa market so I could exchange my pocket books.  It was nice to see the old gal I get them from still in business.  She always explains why some are worth more and others less.  When she paid me out on the books I turned in, as always I tell her as soon as I get replacements she'll get it and more back.  It generally amounts to about half or less of what I owe her.  I needed a new golf glove, the kind suited to hot weather that are only in golf shops.  While there I got a head cover to replace the one that disappeared on the course a week ago.  I don't think Marg got anything.
  Then we went to Popeye's for lunch.  A new one opened on Crismon and it was close to where we were.  Their specialty is chicken and it had been quite a while since we ate at one.  It is chicken on the bone, so I had shrimp and coleslaw.  She said her chicken was very good, my dish was OK, the shrimp was Creole, so a bit spicy.
  After lunch we went up to a flea market out neighbour Mark told us about.  He had a few tables at it as he deals in old stuff.  When he introduced us to his son and grandson yesterday he mentioned it and Marg committed to going to see it.  There were about 40 or more vendors and only a few things of interest.  I ended up buying some silver half dollars from a friend of Marks and a couple of coins from another vendor.  It was funny the other vendor had a bunch of knives.  One filleting knife priced at $55 that is exactly like one I own.  That really made me suspect as I would gladly sell mine for that much.  He said he had a bunch of foreign coins but didn't bring them because they are slow movers, but would bring the Canadian ones next week if I was interested.  He said he would be prepared to make a deal on all of them, so we will probably go back to take a look at them. He had a few English coins, but they were not priced well.  He had his grandson price them and they were not realistic, he had a 10 pence coin dated 1970 for $10 and I told him it was worth at most 25 cents.
  After we came home and put our feet up for a bit.  Shortly after Kenny came by to tell us that happy was at his place, so we packed up our chairs and went down there.  It was a pretty good sized crowd, but it turned in to a fun event.  Back home for a supper of salad and some fresh made biscuits.  Didn't want to eat too much as I was saving room for dessert.  Dessert was the ice cream social and I had a banana split while Marg had sherbet.
  When we got home we had a nice facetime with Brennan and Jess.  Nice of them to think of us and we had a nice visit with them.
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the FaceTime today... always quite hectic when all 9 of us are here lol Sophie sure enjoyed checking out the solar system with Grandpa in his telescope x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie sure enjoyed sharing her new knowledge about the planets with you! ☺️X

    ReplyDelete