Sunday 7 January 2018

Sunday, Jan 7th

Another sunny day in the Valley of the Sun, I think it got to about 75F.
  I started my day with a sticky bun from the ones Marg put together last night.  They were really good, then I took a plate with some to Janice next door.  Her response, well it's about time you guys got here.  This happened quite a bit last year and she is convalescing, so it was nice to bring her a little cheer.  This was on the way to the church service in the park here.  A nice service, with pretty good attendance.  I sat next to Marg's pal Lynette as her usual partner was not here this year.  There was communion this morning and I really don't like what passes for wine here, so I whispered to Lynette that she should be on the selection committee.
  After I got back I worked on the bike to pump up the tires and lubricate it, so it is ready to go.  Then I worked on the golf cart, the lights needed to be cleaned and they are halogen, but so dim I fixed the ground to brighten them up.  There were also some nuts and bolts that needed tightening.  Marg did her usual preparations for the day and headed out to a birthday party for Aggie.  It is one of her obligations as a social butterfly to attend many things here.  LOL
  For me this meant - make own lunch, so I did.  By the time I finished lunch she returned so we went out to the flea market on Apache Trail.  On the way we stopped at Kenny's and dropped off his calendars.  He gets an unbelievable number of them, so Marg took a couple and gave him about 100 back.  I was surprised when we got to the market, it's a lot smaller market this year.  I was looking for a few things and managed to find a good quality combination wrench in 3/4" at a good price.  Then we went to a few auto parts stores looking for new tail lights for the golf cart.  Kind of made me reflect on something my father said - you can't make a new car out of an old one.  Must keep this in mind here, saw some interesting options, but had no success.  The only thing I really need to do is fix the brakes and get the park brake working so that we don't have to pack around the block of wood to put behind the tire.
  When we returned to the park, a grease gun was sitting on the patio, so I greased the cart.  It was probably the cleanest grease gun I have ever used.  I don't think Jerry could have used it more than once.  While I was laying there doing it a couple stopped to see if I was OK, they thought I had fallen and couldn't get up.  LOL, only in an RV park full of snowbirds.  Then I took the grease gun over to Kenny's so he can do the same.
  Supper tonight was taco salad, which was very nice.  Marg even found the taco shells at Safeway to make them more authentic.  We probably eat in our unit more than most people here and although it is nice to dine out, for me I would rather not do that all the time.  Especially when I am married to such a great cook.  It was pretty spicy even though she bought all mild ingredients.  It turned out the guacamole was very tangy, in fact my mouth was on fire.
 
At 6:30 it was ice cream social.  Marg had a piece of cake with a scoop of ice cream.  I had a banana split, some things rarely change.  Someone there said they didn't like banana with ice cream, a concept I have difficulty understanding.

1 comment:

  1. I can hear Grandpa saying it... glad your back to Banana splits and God Bothering xx

    ReplyDelete