Saturday 6 January 2018

Saturday, Jan 6th

Happy Birthday Kassidy, our newest teenager.  Hope your day was special.
  Wow, it's hard to believe we have been here a week already.  It was a nice day, not hot but very pleasant.  We have not had to revert to long pants yet and you know when I wear short pants, it's a nice day.
  I got up and went to breakfast in the hall this morning.  I took my own pancake syrup.  It's a 15% maple syrup from Superstore at home.  Several people tried it and all seemed to think it was good.  The oddest one was Mickey, who put it on his salsa.  He makes it with green peppers and lots of garlic to put on his eggs, apparently very common in New Mexico.  Anyway he put the syrup on it and said it was good, to which I said I think all his taste buds are dead.
  After breakfast we went out to KMart, but it was closed and gone.  We then went to Superstition mall where I looked for a telephone book to find another one.  There were none, nor were there any pay phones.  Marg went in to TJ Max while I was wandering aimlessly through the mall.  At the end of it I did a quick tour or Sears and the shelves were not well stocked.  Made me wonder if it is going the same way as the Canadian ones.  When I went back to meet up with Marg she had picked up a few bargains, enough to make a pretty good bag that we left with.  On the way back we stopped at Best Hardware to get a key made as I have a padlock with only one key.  Then back home for lunch, some nice sandwiches on some very poor white bread.  We almost never buy white bread, so now are not sure why we did this time.
  After lunch Marg put some pork tenderloin in the slow cooker and went to Safeway for a few more things.  I spent most of the time dealing with our new printer.  I really need to get my head read. I bought a new wireless printer, the first one we have had, about a week before leaving for here.  I have it working well enough that it sends scans to the laptop, but will not print.  Hey wait, it has a connection point for a cable and it's starting to look like I am in the market for one.  I managed to get the seasonal events calendar posted to the tenants association FB site.   Not really sure what I am doing wrong, other than buying the d.... thing.  When she got back we went to happy hour and discovered Kenny & Doris had just got in.  Marg had earlier invited them to have supper with us.  Supper was very good and we had a nice visit with some very good friends that we have not was a nice night for a stroll.  Oh yeh earlier I had called Gerry Canuel and we have tee times for Monday.  I will be taking Stan & Gary with me, so will be able to take the HOV lane.  Just before calling it a night, Marg made a pan of sticky buns, so I know what breakfast is tomorrow morning before church.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kas! I really had to laugh about the phone book thing. I think it High time you got a smart phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom has an I phone 7 at home that she plans to activate, you and Daniel should both be happy

      Delete
    2. Whoop whoop she’s more modern then us now x

      Delete
  2. Your printer should in theory not need a cable. Maybe try deleting it and reinstalling using drivers from the manufacturers website, be sure to let us know how that goes.

    ReplyDelete