Sunday 28 January 2018

Sunday, Jan 28th

A nice day, but the wind blew pretty much all day.  I started out with some of the oatmeal I got at Winco that was reputed to be as good as home made.  I made it in the microwave and that may have influenced the result, but it was not great, merely OK.  Next time I will try boiled water from a kettle.
  I went to the church service this morning and there was a good attendance, but some people were notably missing.  The result, well the hymn sing was not good, I almost had to sing.  The sermon was good today and got better as it went along.  In response to a request I took some pictures after clearing it with pastor Don.
  Marg did laundry while I was away and got it all done this morning.  With her new drying rack she had more capacity and was able to get it all laid
  When I got back we had lunch and went out for a bit.  I wanted to check out pellet pistols at Big 5 sporting goods and get some pictures printed.  It's so cheap to do it at Walmart, I have quit printing them, except for one-of's.  The quality is usually very good there as well and it doesn't take very long.  They had a good selection at Big 5, but I will wait a bit as they have different specials every other week and one I like may be offered before I go.  Marg went to Basha's almost next door to it and picked up some things we need to keep eating.  She got a great deal on some New York steaks as well as quite a few other things that appealed.  I went to catch up with her and bought a couple of lottery tickets.  Hang on - as we are now millionaires in-waiting.  That was all I bought today.
  When I got home, I went out to look at Gary & Linda's screen door.  It is a sliding door much like ours and because of how tight it was I thought the wheels were in need of replacement.  It turned out they were fine, so adjusted them.  Then we pulled the door out of the frame and lubricated the wheels and their mechanism.  The result was it seems to be operating better.  Gary W said he was not telling Linda and would wait to see if she noticed.  Should be interesting.
  On my circuitous route home, I stopped in to see Gary C about the drinking fountain in the pool hall not working.  We chatted a bit about a large range of topics and then I made my way back home.  I passed the happy hour group on my way, but passed on it today.  We took a few minutes of relaxation before supper.  Supper was a chicken dish Marg made in the house today as she thought the winds would make it difficult to bbq. 
  After supper it was ice cream social.  They were short a person, so I was the cashier today.  No heavy lifting in this job, so a got my ice cream with the crew, but I made Marg pay as she wasn't working tonight.  It was pretty well attended and I got to chat with each customer a bit and met some new people in the park.  Marg sat with a couple who are our neighbours.  Sometimes people sit off by themselves and having been the new people we always try to do our part to make them feel welcome and included.

1 comment: