Monday 29 January 2018

Monday, Jan 29th

Another nice day, I think it made it into the high 70's.
  Marg went with the Gamblin' Gals to the Fort today.  Yes that was a change and several people asked about the change.  My answer was a bit vague as there seem to be a number of reasons in the group and they are no longer motivated by the lure of a free dish.  Marg won at the bingo, but apparently had to split with a couple of other winners, so her payout was only $17.  That was the only winner in the group, but hey they had a good time.
  I went to Karen & Bob's as they had sticky buns this morning.  They had 3 batches made and about 15 or 20 people for coffee.  They were very good and when people complimented her, she gave Marg credit for the recipe, she calls no-fail.  Nice way to start the day.
  After I went out to the hardware to get a part to fix the bath tap.  The knob was not seated right and looked like it was broken.  I also picked up a JB Weld superglue there to fix the cup holder on the golf cart.  Can't have that!  LOL Along the way I stopped back at Walmart as I neglected to get all the pictures printed yesterday.  When I returned to the park I gave them to the fellow who requested them.  Kind of funny, he asked me where I get my film and was surprised when I said I have not used a film camera for about 20 years.  I guess he bought a roll of film back home last fall and it was the last roll they had in the store and was looking for a new source.
  After lunch and fixing both those things, I went to play pool.  I ended up playing in a group of 4 and came away with more wins than losses.  The partnering usually changes every game, except today there was one player I never partnered with and he was the best player at our table.  When he asked about that [he shot before me until partners were decided] I said it would have been different if he ever left me a shot, which was partly true.  I think it's nice to try and balance the teams so one does not dominate, well and sometimes there are players I like to play against.
  By then it was happy hour.  I loaded up chairs and a beer and started for it when I saw Marg walking towards me.  Apparently they got back quite a bit earlier today, so she only got a half ride back.  Then she took the cart to drop her stuff off and get a drink [water I think].
  Supper tonight was dine-in. 

1 comment:

  1. Great win at bingo ... I think you have to order proper film online these days where it’s readily available still x

    ReplyDelete