Tuesday 30 January 2018

Tuesday, Jan 30th

Another nice day in the valley.  I was mistaken yesterday, the temp reached 83,which tied the record high for this place.  Today it was almost a repeat with a high of 81F, so very nice and quite a few degrees above the seasonal averages.
  There was a scheduled water outage this morning at 10, so after showers and breakfast we went out for some retail therapy.  Marg wanted to go back to TJ Max at Superstition and we were there for their opening at 10.  Well Marg was, I sat in the truck and read my pocket book.  The bad guys are really getting a come-uppance in the story.  Marg had some success and came out with a small bag, a top I think.  It was still early, so we went over to Ross's where we both went in to look around.  I actually went to use the bathroom, but did find a nice wallet for a very good price before returning to the truck to continue the tales of good vs evil.  When she came out she had a back with a couple of things, including my new wallet.  I didn't need one yet, but they are such a good deal here that I like to keep the next one on hand.
  By then it was close to lunch, so we went to Souper Salad.  It's buffet style and the name pretty much describes what they have on offer; soup and salad with a few sides like corn bread, fruit, etc.  It has been quite a while since we were there and it was as good as we remembered.  We got there about 20 minutes before noon and it was pretty full already.  Pretty much the grey hair crowd who are always early for everything.  It's great value at about $7.50 each and the selection great and fresh.
  When we got back the water was back on, so it appeared all went well.  The utility company was replacing the meter.
  Marg had some people she had to touch base with regarding a celebration of life for a long time friend and resident of the park.  I went down to the pool hall where I played one on one with a very good player.  We had some great games and I won my share, in fact I believe I won more than I lost.  Even though he is a better player, my strategy or game plan proved stronger.
  Shortly after I got back home, a couple of ladies stopped by looking for the happy hour location today.  When Marg asked them the same question, they said I guess it's here, so within the next 15 minutes we had a couple dozen folks here making a racket.  It only lasts about an hour and then everyone goes to get supper.  We were going to bingo tonight, so that didn't leave us much time, so it was fast good at MacDonalds tonight. 

It is a super moon tonight, that is supposed to turn in to a Blue moon then a Blood moon over the night.  With any luck I will be up early enough to get a picture.  By this time they discovered a water leak in the new meter installation, so the water was again shut off for more repair work.  It was long day for those guys.



We went to bingo and Marg got another win on the first game.  Even though she had to split with two other winners, she was in a positive mind-set:  a win is a win and any win is good.

2 comments:

  1. Great she had another Bingo win... we had a nice FaceTime as well x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shots of the evening sky.

    ReplyDelete