Tuesday 17 January 2017

Tuesday

Finally we got back on our bikes this morning.  As it turned out there were 5 riders which is pretty good.  We went east up to the donkey and it was braying loudly well before we go there.  Pat had a couple of carrots and that seemed to satisfy it.  It was a pretty good day to ride and we made about 4 miles, so not bad.  One of the guys went on for a longer ride, one left early as he had to be back and 3 of us rode the entire way together.
  Marg went out as she needed to go to the post office.  Mornings are usually very busy, but she seemed to make out OK.  When she got back she had some visitors and between she did her steaming of the laundry from yesterday.  She ran the vac over the floors and I moved the furniture out of her way so she could do under it.  It's kind of close quarters in here and it seems getting under the furniture works better that way.
  For my part I tried to deal with our alarm service company as we are again having false alarms from one of the motion sensors at home.  The alarm service company is in Saskatchewan and I spent quite a bit of time on the phone with them, but am still waiting for a return call from the technical guy.  Much of the afternoon I was waiting for the call, so had to hang around.   I made a couple of phone calls to family in Edmonton and that pretty much filled the day.  It seems I had got off my daily blog for a bit, so being around home gave me a chance to get that caught up as well as do some emails and make a couple of posts to the tenants assoc. FB site here.
  A short happy hour tonight as our time was short.  Supper tonight was a nice steak bbq for me and some spicy chicken [buffalo flavour I believe]. Then it was off to bingo where we had a good crowd tonight.  We had 4 winners among our group.  I won which was a nice change.  It was a straight line bingo and there were only 4 numbers called, but they fit exactly and no one could believe I had a bingo that early, I guess it is very unusual and it got lots of funny comments.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go... great win at Bingo, we have been reading out the blog to Liz & Nick enroute from Liverpool ... keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete