Tuesday 17 January 2017

Sunday/Monday January 15/16

Something must have happened, I must have had a senior moment thinking that I had posted here, but looking for it today, nothing.  Well here is the recap of the last couple of days.
  Sunday --  Started off attending the church service here in the park.  It was well attended and not sure if that was a result of poor weather and nothing else to do or whether it was lots of folks seeking peace from their sinful weekend.  Maybe it was just folks like me, going to hear the music.  LOL
  By the time I got home, Marg had a nice pan of pull apart rolls made, they were topped with a  caramel sauce with pecans and they were still warm, very tasty.
  Being as she did something nice for me I thought I would reciprocate, so we went to the Arizona Mills outlet mall.  We had a facetime with Anna & Sophie on the prior day where Sophie told us they were having a baby and she was all excited about being a big sister.  We were so happy to hear the news and it was such a treat to hear Sophie telling us about it.  What a happy day.  I stopped on the way at the Mesa marketplace where I traded in the pocket books I have read and got some replacements.  With my pocket book to read and her with her keen shopping sense we ventured forth.  Her first stop is always the Neiman Marcus store to look at the things she wouldn't buy; you know like the purse that was discounted to $3,000 to clear it out.  Then it was on to the more practical places where she managed to get a few things, not certain what all it was but the bag was fairly large.  We stopped in at Johnny Rockets for lunch, apparently she had previously ate their with Char & Katie when they were here.  It was my first time and it was a good burger and fries.
  Traffic was a bit heavy coming back which surprised me for a Sunday.  It was later in the afternoon by then, but I would not have thought a rush hour on Sunday.  In fact by the time we got home it was time to go for happy hour.  We weren't all that hungry as lunch was a bit late, so ate a light supper, knowing that the ice cream social awaited at 6:30.  At ice cream social I had to go light again, so just had a dish of chocolate, passing on the cake, passing on the banana split.  Marg had ice cream and a small piece of cake, Lynette really makes good cakes.
  Monday -- It rained through the night, so was a bit cool and damp.  Have not rode the bike for a few days and today it was not in the cards.  I spent the morning going over the financial statements for the condo association at home.  The annual meeting is next week so my fellow committee member and I have to tender our independent financial review to include in the package.  I also spent a bit of time talking with him on the phone and sorting things out.  Then writing the audit report for his perusal and ultimately for the Treasurer to provide to the membership.
  Marg went out to return an Ipad cover she bought that wasn't the right one.  She also stopped at the post office, but it was closed for MLK day, a national holiday here.  She also picked up a few things along the way and was back by lunch.  In the afternoon she did a couple loads of laundry, still loves the new wash/dry machine.  She had company for coffee, Lynette and her daughter stopped by.  I think her daughter is here for a week or two.  I went and played pool.  I changed cue sticks and since my game has improved quite a bit.  In fact I was pleasantly surprised as I kicked butt yesterday.  LOL  I played so long I barely got home for happy and then it was supper in, a dish Marg made with the left over chicken from Saturday.

3 comments:

  1. Well done on catching us up. If we hadn't heard about your face time with Sophie we would have been concerned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about Sophie going to be a big sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We wondered what happened to the blog thanks Evelyn for keeping him on his toes. Sophie was soo excited telling you their wonderful news, glad it made the blog ... Katie did try telling the reporter who interviewed her that she came from a long line of bloggers ... shame that missed the article x

    ReplyDelete