Saturday 14 January 2017

Saturday

Well by now you know how Saturday starts, I go for breakfast in the hall.  Today was really cool, it was french toast or blueberry pancakes.  Difficult to choose, so I had both and they were good.  Gary cooked pancakes and Gen the french toast, so you knew they had to be good.  You also know that Marg never went to breakfast.
  After I go back we went to a park patio sale at a very large park just southeast of here.  I never got a thing, Marg said it's because I sat in the truck and read my pocket book.  Actually she might have something there, nobody came to the truck asking if I wanted to buy anything.  She got a couple of things, I believe a wind chime and a pan she could make a bigger pull-apart bun batch.  It looks like one she uses at home to make things like angel food cake.  There were lot of people from our park out there looking for bargains and some seemed to have a lot more acquisitions than we did and I know for certain that one of the drivers never left his vehicle either.
  After we returned we had a bite of lunch and Marg washed a couple of my coats and a vest as they were getting a bit soiled.  She had a few visitors and got some things done around the house.  I did a bit of maintenance out in the shop, well shed actually, but I do have a bench grinder and a vise installed in it.  It rained off and on today, so not a good one to do outdoor things.
  Supper tonight was a sit down dinner in the rec hall.  Patti started a sit down dinner last year and it was very successful, so offered it again this year.  It sold out very early, I think they limited it to 100 diners.  It is a garden salad, roasted chicken breast with mashed potato and green beans with bread and cake, a great meal for the $6 per person they charge, quite a departure from anything else we do in the park.  The food was good as usual and there was lots of it.  In fact Marg brought half of the chicken from each of our plates and figures she has more than enough to make a chicken pot pie, the breasts were huge.  
I did my photo thing and took about 50 pictures that I posted on the tenants assoc. FB page.  People and their families and friends seem to really respond when there are pictures, so the site should be busy for the next few days.

3 comments: