Sunday 22 January 2017

Sunday

Got up early and made it to the church service with a bit of time to spare instead of my usual last minute entry.  There was a good turnout this morning, for here anyway and the service included a bit of music by a guy & lady who are cousins from Montana and they always do a fine job of it.  The pastor got on a bit of a theme today and was really into it, so the service ran a bit long.
  When I got back home my charming wife had made a pan of pull-apart rolls with a caramel sauce on them and they were still warm.  I think she tries to anticipate the time I will get back and does well with it, but today the sermon ran a bit long.  I had left my coffee cup in the kitchen yesterday when I left the breakfast crew, so I went to look for it in and sure enough Gary had it put away for me and it was all washed up nice and clean.  Even though I felt guilty about leaving without helping clean up, they were appreciative of my helping out with pancakes which was nice.  Oh yeh, the rolls, well we ate most of them, but there are still some left for a snack or breakfast tomorrow and they were delicious.
  Marg did a couple of loads of laundry and had a pretty steady stream of visitors this morning.  Shortly after noon we stopped to have a lunch, even though we had only recently had the rolls.  To make it a lighter lunch we had taco ships with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, nacho cheese.  We do this periodically as it's both filling and a nice change, almost a treat.  The only thing we differ on is the guacamole, she loves it, I'm just OK with it.
  After lunch I went to take a CD with the pictures from the anniversary party yesterday over to the couple so they can do as they wish with them.  I also printed a poster on the Canadian Snowbird assoc event [kind of a convention] the first week of Feb and put it on the bulletin board for anyone in the park who might be interested.  There are a few things like this around here designed to appeal to the snowbirds and they are open to everyone.
  Marg went out to Fry's for a few groceries and came back with a lot of them.. In fact she got a rack of ribs at such a great price that we will have them tomorrow.  I grilled them for a bit to brown them up and now they are marinating until morning, should be good.  I also did a nice steak at the same time that we had for supper tonight with baked potato and all the trimmings.  It's from the deal she got a while back and we have been very happy with everyone of them.
  We finished of the day at the ice cream social tonight.  We had our dinner early enough that I was able to return to the banana split while Marg had sherbet and a small piece of cake, hardly worth going for LOL. 
 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see your still enjoying the Sunday services x

    ReplyDelete