Saturday 21 January 2017

Saturday

An early start to the day to work on the breakfast crew who were short a pancake maker for today.  They are a good crew, so late yesterday I agreed to make pancakes this morning, even if it meant a 6:30 start to my day.  Not sure what the reason, but the place was packed with people for breakfast, they were lined up to the back wall for the first half hour and that was not because they were waiting for anything to cook.  Part of the reason was probably the great job Gary does on the hash browns, I'm pretty sure they were more popular than pancakes.  Maybe I should have copied the team last week and put blueberries in them.
  It was pretty funny as Marg showed up at the back door to the kitchen about 8:30 and the crew got a bit of a guilt trip, so told me to leave.  The rush had pretty much finished by that time and it got me out of clean up, so I protested, well only a little and left. 
  Hey wait did you hear me say anything about breakfast, me eating it that is.  Well that didn't happen.  Marg drove the truck over, with three ladies in the back seat.  There were some park sales advertised today, one very large one in particular that we never miss at Rancho Mirage.  Last year we did very well at it and it's a very large park, I would guess well over 1,000 units.  I guess after Marg talking about it they were keen to come along.  As usual I had my pocket book and followed along as they went from deal to deal.  I believe everyone got a few bargains and were happy with their day.  Well that part of it anyway as we stopped at an estate sale on the way back.  It turns out it was in a junky park and there was nothing of interest there.  Pretty funny as the lady had a box of rocks and Linda took a fancy to one, but the lady said they weren't for sale.  I guess she wasn't really getting rid of much and the gals said it was pretty much all junk.  Gee I thought that's what these sales are, getting rid of junk.  LOL  Then on the way back Marg had an ad on a final park sale, so we stopped there.  It turned out the ad was for next Saturday, so that was bust as well.
  Back at our place, Marg made an omelet [with salsa] and toast.  Well she called it brunch, so I sort of got breakfast.  On that way back she was talking about making brunch and I told the story about Katie saying she liked it at grandma's because grandpa never misses any meals.  She would have been disappointed today, LOL.
  Marg had picked up a mirror at the sale, so I installed it on the area around her make up table.  As it turns out it was a good fit for the space and she is really happy with how much better the space works for her now that she has two mirrors in it.  The day was cloudy with a cool wind, only in the 50's, so we stayed in for part of the afternoon, then visited a bit with Blanke's.  After we went to happy hour, there were only a few of us today and we wanted to see how Larry was getting on after yesterday.   After supper was fish and chips that Marg made.  It was some nice cod she had picked up and she even made the tartar sauce and cole slaw. 

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you missed a meal... I won't tell Katie... she would be gutted. She is off I compete in stockman of the year today :...

    ReplyDelete