Saturday 2 April 2016

Saturday, April 2nd

Saturday morning with no breakfast in the hall, now that doesn't seem right, but I can get through it, LOL. 
  I went for a bike ride this morning, but only one other rider showed up.  Patrick from Saskatchewan and as luck would have it, he had a few carrots so we stopped to feed the donkey.  The donkey must have been lonely as it came at a trot, hee haw ing all the way over.  Remember how loud I said it was before, well that donkey only has one volume setting.  Anyway Pat fed it the carrots and it seemed very satisfied.
  When I got back, Marg had everything ready to go.  We had a few errands to run and I wanted to go to the Mesa market to sell my pocket books and get some new ones.  I got 5 new books after selling her 6, she has a better selection of westerns than most other places.   Chatted with the old gal a bit and she is only there for 2 more weeks.  It seems they close down that aisle in the market for the summer.  I also picked up 3 new hats, not sure if I needed them, but I have them. Marg had better luck, she found some pot or bowl silicon covers. They work pretty neat and she got a good deal on them.  She had been unhappy with the wrist watch she bought at Walmart a while back and she found one she liked at the market.  It has a band like a spring loaded clamp that doesn't go completely around the wrist.  Apparently some of her pals here have them and well you know how that works!
  In the way back I stopped at Walmart, one of the other errands.  The windshield wiper on the drivers side had come apart.  The rubber just comes apart in this desert sun and they had Michelin replacement blades.  Marg picked up some groceries:  a 30 pack of Miller high life and some stuff she needed for a potato salad.  Oh yes a loaf of corn bread that was billed as sweet, some cheese cake.   When we got back to the park she made a pot of chili and we had the cornbread with it, delicious.
  After lunch I play pool for a while.  There was no one playing, so I had to get Dale and drag him over to the pool room.  It was the first time we had played without others.  I knew he was quite good and that proved to be the case, as I had to work hard for the wins I did get.  I think we were about even on win/loss and had quite a few laughs.  The amazing part is he hardly ever played before even though he has been in the park for several years.  Marg made a great potato salad this afternoon.  It must be summer, as that is one of my favourite things about summer.
  We went to happy hour at Johnson's at 4 and got caught up on the news.  It turns out they plan to leave on Monday, Bingers on Tuesday as well as Dale and his wife.  It's not a ghost town yet, but that is coming as it sure is a lot quieter around here.
  Supper tonight was brats and potato salad with cheesecake for dessert.  It was great and we had a couple of brats left over.  I saw Mark out and  about and went to ask him if he would like them.  Told him it was Marg's maternal instinct to see worry about if he eats regular.  He made a couple of humorous comments and then stopped by to pick them up.  I guess when he got them, he said that now when he goes past he wonders what we are having and whether there will left overs.  Pretty funny as now we have 2 guys in the park who look for her leftovers.  Then we went for a walk to take the garbage.  We had to go thru the back and down the next street as we didn't want to go down our street.  One couple had there daughter there and invited us to listen to their son-in-law, same as last year. It is one of those I play my own music sing songs I have written deals.  It is OK, but we just weren't up for it tonight.  So we took the long way on our walk.  It also gave us an opportunity to visit with Betty & Ma a bit, so that was nice.
  Oh yeh, it was hot today and we are entering into another 90 plus period.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are starting to really wind down ... x

    ReplyDelete