Saturday 2 April 2016

Friday, April 1st, late again

This is becoming a pattern, late posts, mainly because of early mornings and late evenings.
  April fools day has come and gone, so can't pull an joke on anyone.  Mom used to say if you did it after noon on the first - April Fools has come and past, you're the biggest fool at last.
  Happy birthday Phil, it was great to have a moment out of your busy evening with friends and family, although it was nice to see everyone helping you celebrate your day.  It was also great to see Sophie, it seems we miss her, what a pretty girl.
  We were up at 5:30 to take Lynette to the airport.  Fortunately she flew out of Gateway which is the closest airport, going back to Michigan.  She was sitting on her patio with both suitcases ready to go, anxious I suppose, to get home and see her family.  Even though it was very early I was wide awake when a guy cut right in front of me.  He made a wrong turn into a road he didn't want, I guess and when I was beside him he cut me off.  The thing that annoyed me was when I slammed on the brakes I knew the luggage was at the front of the box, so would have to climb in to get it.  Anyway it was nice to be able to see Lynette off, her and Marg are such good friends.
  We had thought to go back to bed, but were too wide awake, so another early start to our day.  Got my bike out only to find the back tire flat as a pancake.  Pumped it up and crossed my fingers, but I am almost certain I have picked up a thorn or goat head to put a leak in the tube.  I have the green goo in the tubes and I know it's still there because some came out when I put air in it.  Wait that's not a  good sign, how is that goop getting out anyway?  There were only 3 of us and the wind blew pretty hard, but now we have to ride up east so Gary can feed the donkey.  I think we probably made about 3 - 4 miles and I always say it's just to get a bit of exercise.  Marg had a nice leisurely break to get ready this morning and had the laundry ready to go.  I helped get it into the laundry room here in the park.  She had lots to do today, used 4 machines and apparently 5 dryers to get it done.
  While she was waiting I went and visited a bit with the bunch that were watching Darryl hook up.  He is the one with the Kenworth that he mounts the Smart car on the deck between the cab and where he pins the 5th wheel.  They were pretty casual about leaving, not planning to make a lot of miles so they never left until about 11:30.  They were going north via California which is a lot longer, but it will avoid the spring storms in the mountain passes that are a problem right now.  There were a few more pulled out as well.  At this time of year we see more than average people who come for a few nights and leave, many full time RV'ers. 
  Got the laundry back to our place and had some lunch.  After lunch Marg steamed clothes and put them away while I went and played pool.  The guys I played with are pretty good and we had a few laughs.



I had to pack up early as the patio opening was today at 4 and they asked me to take pictures.  The park owner built it after some tenants suggestions and then the Tenants Assoc. bought the two tables with chairs to put on.  There was punch, ice cream and cookies and a handful of people came out for it, which was pretty good with the reduced numbers around here at this time of year.  I already had the first beer on the patio at a dance a few weeks back, before the wall and floor tiles were installed.  Some of the residents use it for games and cards, so it looks to be a great addition to the amenities here.  I had on my Made in 1947 shirt and as almost always happens some folks wanted to know where I got it, as they knew someone they wanted one for.
  After we went to the new Denny's with Kenny & Doris for supper.  They had been previously, but it was our first time.  The food was good, but the service was the poorest we have had this winter.  There was car show and shine at the east end of the parking lot that was just winding down when we left, so we took a look a the remaining cars.  Some nice old iron there, kind of nostalgic for us old guys. 
  Thought that would be our day, but on the walk back to our place, we stopped at Hardy's where there were a bunch gazing at the night sky.  It seems the international space station was passing over at 7 and they were trying to spot it.  So we stood around and craned our necks skyward for awhile.  It doesn't take much to amuse a bunch of seniors in an RV park.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the FaceTime... Was lovely to get a bit of a visit... Must make a point of doing so more when Sophie is here on her days and it's a bit quieter xx

    ReplyDelete