Thursday 3 March 2016

Thursday, March 3rd


It was a beautiful day and the gamblin' gals were travelling today, so we were both up early.  The gals left the park by 8AM so they get to the Fort in good time to get organized, travelling in 2 cars as there were 6 of them.  They got their serving dish today and everyone seemed happy with it.  It's not red like the baking dish, rather a presentation style dish or set.  I don't believe there were any winners in the car Marg rode in, although she was very close.
  I went to coffee & donuts this morning.  Donuts were sponsored this morning, so a nice treat from the newly elected president.  It was a very different meeting with some changes to customize the process according to how the new guy wants to conduct the meeting.  We even had a vote on 3 bylaw changes, something I have not seen before in all the years we have been here.  Actually it was a bit smoother than I expected and quite business like, so was a very short meeting compared to what we have come to expect.  I mainly went to take pictures of the newly elected executive, but one was absent.  As it turns out there was an item on the bylaw amendment agenda regarding an audit of the finances, that I spoke to, and they made a wording change to deal with it.
  After I sprayed the weeds around the park model.  Being in the dessert we have a no maintenance area or yard around us, but we still have weeds showing up.  The park sprays them when we are all gone, but I generally do it a couple of times while we are here.  They don't do anything for the place and make a hiding place for critters we don't want hanging around here.  That reminds me we need to contact the guy who sprays for pests.  We had him in last year as we had lots of ants and we had a very good result.  You have to concern yourself with ants around here as termites are very common and once established hard to get rid of.
  After lunch I went with the guys to El Dorado where we were the visitors at the pool tournament.  I played as Gene's partner and it was a good thing he played well because it was like I had never seen the game before.  Anyway we won 3 of the 6 games we played, which was fortunate.  I have not been playing much on the non-tournament days, so if I am going to show up I guess I had better play more.  There are a couple of brothers from Red Deer who have a place in the park now and they are very good, so it was good to see some of the new residents participating.
  I went to happy hour as the gamblin' gals always unload at Johnsons.  They got back a bit after 4 and then Marg & I went out for dinner.  We have been at most of the places in AJ, so opted to go down around Superstition Springs.  We haven't been to Appleby's this winter, so that was out choice for this evening.  Although unplanned we arrived and were seated during happy hour, hey that was the second one today.  Anyway the large draft was priced better than the regular, so you guessed it that's what I had.  The appy's were half price so we tried the won ton tacos.  They were very good, but some kind of spicy, almost too much so for us.  The food was excellent, but with the appy's it was almost too much.
  On the way back we stopped to see the new Source for Sports store at Superstition.  It is nice and I got some short tees to use with iron shots from the tee box.  I'm sure it will help, well if not it will stop me from foraging for broken tees on the par 3 holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment