Friday 4 March 2016

Friday

Happy birthday Paige & Haylee,
Another great day in the valley, it got warm, but not quite as high as yesterday.  It was hot and sunny, just what people out of the north are looking for here.  Got off to a bit of a slow start and the guys showed up looking to go bike riding while I was still in the jammies, so had to dress and get going in a mad dash.  There were only 4 of us this AM and with the wind blowing pretty hard, we had to modify our trip to avoid the hilly part of the route.  I split off with Larry and we made 3 miles today, while the others took the longer route.
   Marg went to aerobics this morning and there were about a dozen ladies there.  She said they had added a bunch of water to the pool, so the water was at a perfect temp.  A group of them are doing a few other things together, like the shower they are planning for Sue and the brunch on Sunday, so had lots to talk about.  They are having lots of fun with the shower and a bunch of them are going to an adult toy store, kind of like a love shop to get some unique things to liven it up and some of the ladies have never been in one, so it is getting lots of laughs and chatter.  While she was gone, I went out to fill the big bottle for the water cooler.  When its hot like this we go through the 5 gallons fairly quickly.
  Lunch was a sandwich on the driveway, well under the carport anyway.  It was too nice to eat inside.  In the afternoon, Marg stayed in and had company.  I guess she really caught up on gossip and events from other parts of the park.  Our lives are pretty sheltered and I can hardly believe some of the stuff that goes on that we miss but also makes me appreciate how peaceful life can be at this end of the park.  I went and played pool this afternoon.  Played with one of the better players, one average and the third was a fellow who only plays once in a while.  It made for interesting match-ups and a kind of whatever day.  I think I played on more losing efforts than winning, but we had fun.
  I went to happy hour and Marg got the dinner ready.  It was the corned beef she made the other day and she fried up cabbage & hash browns to have with it.  It was all great and I stuffed myself pretty good.  Then it was on to the animal races, where Bimbo the elephant won three times and I had a very good night, winning all 8 races;  Marg split winning four.  It was a small crowd tonight, but lively and next week will be the last one.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment