Tuesday 8 March 2016

Tuesday the 8th

The temps went down lower last night which made for a chilly evening and it was still cool when we got up in the morning.  When the guys came by to ride, there ended up being four of us.  I went out in my normal riding gear, but quickly decided that I needed something warmer, so changed to jeans and a heavier coat.  This was my first time out of short pants in over a month.  In fact the riders who usually go farther were wearing shorts and returned to the park early while Larry & I went on and ended up making about 5 1/2 miles today.
  Marg went with some of the ladies here to an adult toy shop or what is commonly called a love shop.  She came back saying she hasn't laughed that hard in over 20 years.  There were a few of them looking for ideas to use at the shower for their friend later this week and came up with some stuff that is sure to create a lot of fun.  What was really funny was that a couple of the ladies have never been to one of these before and it was a real eye-opener for them, and these were all older than Marg.  The intended recipient is unaware of this but I'm not sure how long they can keep the secret as it was the talk all over the park today.  Who says this park full of grandparents are getting too old.  LOL
  After getting back I went over to visit with Clyde as he has some old Canadian money.  I ended up buying some from him, as it is difficult to find an outlet for it here.  I got a 1960 silver dollar, an old King George paper dollar, one & two dollar bills with the early Queen Elizabeth all of which have numismatic value as well as 3 of the old style $5 bills. I also traded him 4 loonies and 2 twonies for some Canadian cash he had.  I think I made out OK allowing for the condition and the exchange rate on values.  Then I took some of the current bills to show them, it is amazing how many have never seen the new Canadian plastic bills and they are quite an attraction.  In fact I had to show them to several folks before getting home.  Then I went back with all the quarters from my poker money as they are trying to build sets of the quarters featuring different obverse sides for their great grandchildren.  They ended up buying $18 worth of quarters from my sack.  I will have to start winning again as this was mainly my back up supply in case of a run of bad luck.  Hah!  I've never needed it yet, but you never know.
  We had lunch and then I went to play pool.  I played 8 ball for about 1 1/2 hrs and then came back to do some work on my bike.  I also ended up doing some clean up in the shed, but it really needs a major going over.  I worked on the bike kick stand as it doesn't work as it should and sometimes my bike falls over on the stand. I think I got it, but we will see soon.  The neighbours apparently bought an AC unit from Amazon and have had problems that they couldn't resolve, so the ABC news network crew were at their place filming an interview for well over an hour.  We will have to look for it in the near term.  Marg did some baking and got some stuff ready for the pool party. 
The water aerobics group and their spouses had a pool side party at 4.  This is about the 3rd year we have gone to this and because of the weather no one was actually in the pool today.  There goes my once a year dip in there.  LOL  They had quite a bit of food, sloppy joes were the start of it and there were lots of sides and desserts.  It was quite nice.  As usual it was well attended, I would guess there were about 35 people there. 
  After that it was bingo time.  Gerry & Deb came to play and we were close, but no win tonight.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear.. Glad I wasn't a fly in the wall on their shopping trip x

    ReplyDelete