Thursday 10 March 2016

Thursday March 10th.

What a day, something happened with the computer.  I have been refusing all offers to update to Windows 10 as I had not heard any positive comments about it.  A couple of times I shut the computer off when it tried to go ahead anyway.  Well last night it started the update all on it's own. The only thing I can think of is there is either a gremlin in it or a lack of telling it to go away resulted in this unwanted update.  At this juncture it cannot be called an upgrade, more correctly it would be a fall into the abyss of techie hell.
  So much for the rant.  That is the reason there was no blog post yesterday, the system ran amok and I had no access.
Wednesday news
  We got up early, I think it was because it was so cold in here, we don't leave the heat on a night, well never needed to lately.  I think it was about 47F [that would be 8C] when I got up.  How cold is that, well our home in GP, with no one living there is set at 17C.  Marg on the other hand thought everything was fine.  Gerry showed up just before 8 and we went out to Apache Sun for golf with the park.  It was a very good day for me with my personal best for 9 holes ever at 39, or 5 over par.  It will always be something I can reminisce about in my golden years.  LOL  I wasn't even keeping the score card or using the pencil eraser.  I'm pretty certain everyone in AJ must know about it by now, this is the kind of day that makes me want to play again.  LOL
Marg frosted the cupcakes she made for the affair and then went to the hall to help set up for the ladies tea.  It was a much changed affair this year with theme tables and they drew names to assign seating giving people an opportunity to talk to different people.  They had tons of food and they divvy it up so each table has a variety and an opportunity to try all the different goodies.  Marg once again participated in the fashion show, with two outfits and never bought anything this year.  That was a surprise!  By the time they were finished it was late in the afternoon.
  As she got me out of the work guys who serve the ladies, I had a free afternoon and played some pool.  My game was reasonably good and the guys I played with were fun.
  Supper was a trip to Taco Bell.  The food there is pretty good and Marg likes to go because it reminds her of Katie [it being one of Katie's favorites here].  It's a little different for us, so I am always challenged with ordering something I like & that doesn't give me heartburn.  We ended up with lots to eat, even a bit to take home.
  Returning to the park, I was just in time for poker with the guys.  We played with 7 and had one more who could have played, but not enough for a second table.  I offered him my seat and as it turns out should have insisted he play in my place.  I took a pretty bad beat, but won a couple of pots at the end to still leave me enough to come again.
Thursday
  The day was much nicer, warmer in the morning and the heat built up through the day, topping out at about 87F [30C].  Marg was up at the crack of dawn to go with the gamblin' gals to the Fort.  There were 5 of them today and they had a good time; another serving dish coming home with each of them.  The real highlight was Nancy won big in bingo, coming home with about $3,400.  I was at happy hour when they drove up [as usual] so got to see the big smile on her face as she brought out the wad of 100's.
  Me, well I went to donuts and coffee where I got an apple fritter, yahoo.  I took pictures of the new tenants assoc executive sitting on our brand new patio.  Don't laugh, I got applause for my photo's on the tenants assoc FB site.  It seems people like to look at pics of themselves.  Hah!  Then I washed the truck today.  It was really dirty from the rain the other night and certainly needed it.  Then I did some work in the tool shed out back.  After I went and played pool for the balance of the afternoon.  Two of the guys were the ones I played with yesterday and the third is a guy who used to play in big money tourney's.  Lots of laughs with these guys and I played well so it's easier to be jovial when the game is going well [even when I was left hooked].
  After it was hamburgers in the hall, Gary's hamburgers we call it.  They are very filling and I made the mistake of ordering a double today.  It was well attended, even some of the new people came.  One was a couple from just north of Westlock, so pretty close to home.

1 comment: