Thursday 28 January 2016

Thursday

The day started early with the alarm going off.  I usually pride myself in not using an alarm anymore, but that's not entirely true because we have become accustomed to sleeping in, so need it for those must get up and at it mornings.  This morning it was the regular weekly road trip of the gamblin' gals.  They had a full car this morning, with 5 of them going off to the Fort.  There were no bingo winners today, but Marg said she came home even, including the cost of her lunch, so that's pretty good.
  For me it was off to the coffee and donuts.  I talked to Gary and his group and the subject of the pink bike helmet came up. They were all laughing too much to keep it a secret any longer, so I sort of got cleared, but Gary refused to believe that I was blameless.   Pretty funny.  Then the table I sat at got chosen late for donut selection, so never got an apple fritter, but it was all good.  The usual bunch of announcements and it was time to get on with the day.
  I went home and got all my pocket books together.  Larry had dropped of a box full of westerns and there were only about 6 or so that I had previously read.  I had a big bag of books that I brought from home that were read, so gave them to Larry in trade.  The westerns seem to be in big demand both here and at home, lots of readers out in the old west here, I guess.  After I took some Armour All to the trailer siding.  It gets pretty faded in the sun out here in the places not under the carport.  It helped quite bit, but time will tell. Then I got out the golf clubs and cleaned them all up.  They get a lot of use out here and well you need to keep the grooves clean, that sort of thing.  After that it was over to the pool room where our park hosted Eldorado on the inter-park tournament.  They had some really good players, but we prevailed winning 10 of the 18 games. I drew a really good partner, probably one of the best players in the park.  We ended up playing twice, so 6 games and we won 5 of them, accounting for half the wins for our park.  I would like to take the credit, but I mostly just tried to keep out of trouble most of the time.
  After pool I went back to trailer where I got some chairs for happy hour.  With the gamblin' gals being away, I guess Jerry B decided happy hour should be at his place, over by the swimming pool.  They were having a much larger group than normal, so everyone had to provide their own seating.   Marg got home just as I was preparing to leave for it, so great timing.  It was very well attended, there must have been 25 or 30 people there.  It's actually a bit of a problem with that many.  Everyone talking, so they can't hear well and talk louder.  Before long it is very difficult to carry on a conversation and there are probably 5 or 6 going on simultaneously.  Kind of makes me think of a gaggle of geese.  After supper we went out to Long John Silvers' where we had fish, shrimp and side dishes.  It was quite good, very different from home, but that's why we are here isn't it.
  A good day, but our thoughts have been pre-occupied with concern for Vanessa in the hospital.  Get well!

No comments:

Post a Comment