Wednesday 27 January 2016

Wednesday, January 27th

Got up to an alarm this morning so I could make it for golf at Apache Sun.  It was a bit chilly, must have been cold last night as the first fairway in the shady spots had frost in the grass.  It was so cold I had to wear a light jacket on the first hole, but by the second one it was too warm for the coat.  One of the ladies from our park rode out to the course with Gerry & me as they only have a motorbike.  Gerry played very well, me I played better than average, so it was a good day.
  Marg slept in a bit as we had a long day yesterday.  Besides it was too cool to go for water aerobics, but she had some visitors, to keep up on the park stuff.  I think she vacuumed and generally cleaned up When I got back, Marg made lunch and then went out for a few things she needed.  I think to Ross's & Kohl's, so a couple of her fav's.  I got a shirt out of it, and she got a purse, so she enjoyed some success.  Best of all she drove herself and it's all the way down to Superstition mall, quite a hike from here.
  After lunch I went and played pool for a while.  Ended up getting there a bit late, so played with some guys I normally don't play with.  One of then is from Lethbridge and he is likely one of the best players in the park.  At the end I played him one on one for a few games and managed one win, but it was when he scratched on the 8 ball, so no big accomplishment.  If we ever get all the really good players together on tournament day we would likely be.... well then where would the players at my level be? 
  After I made it back and we had a visit from one of the Smith family, not the branch of the family we would like to have here for a visit.  LOL There are quite a few of them here. After we went down to the hall for hamburgers.  Gary and his crew cooked burgers tonight which are always good.  The place was pretty full the whole time we were there.  While we were there, Marg invited two other couples home for coffee and a few cookies.  She served shortbread that she brought down here & it was very good.  I think for one of them it was his first taste of shortbread.  Pretty unusual for a senior, but I guess it depends on who you hang out with.  She also had girl guide cookies.  One of the park managers granddaughters sells them every year and always comes to our place.  It was pretty funny, she said to her grandmother that she always gives this lady [Marg] a hug.  Of course Marg always buys a couple of boxes and generally gives her a dollar for herself.  She's a very nice young girl.
  After all this it was poker night.  I think I may have broke the jinx and had a pretty good night.  I don't count it, but get a feel for how heavy my little bag of money is.  We had 7 guys and while we were playing a couple more came in to check, so we are almost at the 2 table level again.  It's kind of a fun thing, always good for a few laughs.

1 comment:

  1. Cute comment about the Smiths.... Our hearts are in GP right now xx

    ReplyDelete