Friday 29 January 2016

Friday

It was a nice day in the Valley, but as usual it started out cool.  The guys went riding today and we made about 8 miles, well half of us did anyway, the others went quite a bit further.  It was invigorating, but not certain how I would be if I had gone the long way.  When I got back Marg had company & then Lynette took her on the golf cart to water aerobics.  She said the pool was warmer than our bathtub and it was nice to get back with all the ladies in the pool.  While she was there, I went on line to get the tax department forms we have to file here for aliens with a closer connection to another country.  This is a form that keeps us free of the tax department looking for income tax and is necessary for anyone with a substantial presence in the US.
  When she got back we had some lunch and then Marg went out to the post office to mail our forms and then Fry's for some grocery specials.  I think then she went to Bells where she found a few things, I ended up with a couple pair of shorts and a shirt.  I believe she got a top as well.  While she was gone I went to borrow a ladder and put sealant on parts of the roof & carport.  We are expecting rain on Monday and we had some drips in the carport.  I had some left in a gallon pail and thought I should do some preventative maintenance.  By the time I did the clean up and got showered, Marg was back and we had dinner plans.
  I went to happy hour for a short time, it was nice to be back with the smaller group.  I got caught up on some gossip and then it was time to leave.  We went out with the Smith's, Bob & Shari this time, to one of their favourite restaurants, the Charleston.  It was very good food and a bit fancier than we normally go to.  Marg & Shari shared a chicken fried steak and I had one to myself and none of us could finish.  The shrimp appy was to die for.  The carrots with the meal were probably the best restaurant carrots I have ever eaten.  It was all very nice.
  Then it was back for the animal races.  Lots of fun, especially for Marg who won 5 out of 8, while I turned in a more modest result.  I thought I was losing my voice from the cheering and Gene Smith indicated that may not be all that bad.  LOL  Well the elephant won twice, so I was happy.
  Received some sad news from home about an old friend passing on Wednesday.  Our hearts are with Rose & her family at this sad time for their family.

5 comments:

  1. Another active day, you must sleep well in Az. All of those miles make up for the snow clearance that you don't get to do.
    Update on the golf ball, I'm still on the same one. It is a magical little thing, I hit it pretty hard towards the woods this week but it hit a bough and bounced out onto the fairway. The fairway is a good place at this time of year as under winter rules we get to lift clean and place, and generally tickle it up ready for the next shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil - I can't believe you still have the same ball, is it on a string?

      Delete
  2. Just read the blog... Trying to decide who passed away, was it Len? How very sad .... Love & prayers to the family xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Char, yes it was Len Krupka, died of a cancer on Wednesday, we got a message from Tamara

      Delete