Monday 11 January 2016

Monday - Jan 11th

  The weather continues to improve, a pretty nice day today.  the daytime temps are in the 60's, so it won't be long and I will be in shorts weather, but not there yet.
  Started out with a bike ride with 3 other guys.  We were missing a couple this AM.  Sometimes you see larger groups than ours of seniors riding.  Some even have the riding suit, but we are pretty casual.  The wind was blowing pretty strong this morning & combined with the uphill road to Idaho, I was ready for the rest stop there, brief as it was.  My riding companion has not been out the last couple of times because of some other problems, so there I am trying to keep up with the faster element in our group.  Fortunately one of the guys was out for the first time and he was ready to quit when I did and that makes me less self conscious about quitting early, so I made 5 miles.  Were you paying attention, there was the pace, the terrain, the weather to contend with & I am still riding.
  When I got back, Marg had the laundry loaded in the truck, so we went to the new Laundromat we are using this year.  Ron & Sue from Michigan were there as well, it was their first time using this one, same reason as Marg, not real happy with the in-park laundry.  Even though the place was busy, she was able to get all 3 loads going at the same time, which really shortens up the length of our visit.  Pretty funny when we were folding sheets, we got a couple of comments about the difficulty of folding the bottom one in fitted sheets.  Marg just said she does it the Martha Stewart way and I said it took me a while, but am able to keep up with her now.
  Got back to the park in time for lunch.  She made a couple grilled sandwiches, kind of like the ones the other day.  They were excellent anyway.  After lunch Marg steamed the pieces that needed it while I went to play pool.  There were two tables going and I played at the one with the more competitive guys.  The other table is the no hooking or playing the opponent too tough table, mainly because of one guy.  Can't believe how poorly I played, although in part it was due to the strategy of the opposition.  It probably seemed worse because I missed a few game winning 8 balls that should have been in the pocket.  It was all good and I need to sharpen my strategy on leaving the opposition tough.
  We got mail today, the first since arriving here.  Nice to see that the $140 we paid Canada Post to forward our mail is working.  I leave a sign card about our forward mail order right in our mail box at home now and it seems to work better that way.  Before it seemed they would not figure it out for the first 3 or 4 weeks and then we would get a big package of mail.
  We went for happy hour today and it was well attended.  Marg had put some chicken breasts with all the trimmings in the slow cooker earlier in the day so we were well prepared to eat as soon as we got in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment