Tuesday 12 January 2016

Tuesday - Jan 12th

A nice day in AJ today.  I started off with a bike ride with 2 other guys from the park.  It was windy again, but not as cold as yesterday.  We had a head wind all the way to Idaho again & by the time we got there, yours truly needed a breather.  We made about 5 miles and that was good enough, for a change it wasn't me being the first to suggest returning to the park.
  Marg had a visit from her turkey soup partner and they went to talk to the people who did it last year.  I think they got a bit of a meal plan and recipe to go on now and the date is set for the big event.  It is generally a soup that is so hearty it is a meal in a bowl and because it is paid for by the association [it's free to residents], it is very well attended.  With the size of the park, that can easily exceed 100, so it will be a team effort.
  After showers & lunch we went out for a bit.  Oh yeh one of us dyed their hair, you can guess who. I was looking for a door, so stopped at Apache Sales, they handle a wide range of stuff for park models and rv's.  I found a couple of doors, but am still toying with the idea of pulling it apart and trying to rebuild it.  After we stopped at Home Depot and I got some fine mesh.  There are some gaps under the carport and birds get in there to steal insulation for their nests.  There are foam inserts for it, but the winds this past summer blew most of them out.  Also got some weed spray, all kinds of them start to show up after a rain.  Marg also picked up a few things, so a successful trip.



  We got back just in time for me to spray the weeds and then we went off to happy hour at Kenny & Doris' place.  They got a painting of their 1929 model T and wanted to show it off today.  It was very nice and a fun gathering.
  After it was supper where Marg dumped mine on my hands.  It was pretty funny.  I had put a shrimp [one] on her plate, so she decided I would have what was left in the frying pan.  I was just about full, so put my hands up so she couldn't put it on my plate & you can guess the rest.  We had a good laugh anyway.
  By then it was bingo time and although we were close and most of Marg's buddies won, we were donors tonight.  Another funny incident happened when we were buying our cards.  There was a strip of cards on the floor, so I picked it up asking the ladies in front if it was theirs.  One claimed it.  Later at our table, Joyce on the next table said she was missing a strip & heard I found one.  After some prompting from the woman I love, I went over and asked her about it.  The lady gave me the card, which I in turn gave to Joyce, but I told her the lady was reluctant to part with it and said I could have it if I wrestled her for it.  Then when I put her down, she said not good enough, it was the best of 3 matches, so I had to put her down again.  Well it was good for a laugh, about the only funny thing about bingo.
  Looking at out blog statistics, our largest group of views are from Russia, second largest is the United Kingdom, then Germany; while our smallest group of viewers are from the United Arab Emirates & Ireland.  Canada and the USA are both in the middle of the viewers on frequency.  Not really sure how entertaining my ramblings are, but and interesting statistic.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you are trending in Russia. Sounds like you showed that bingo lady who is the boss. Can't believe that she thought that she would be able to take you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be a spybot in Russia reading more then us lol ..... We are entertained xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We just might have to get out the old DRK again. LOL

      Delete