Sunday 10 January 2016

January 10th

Hard to believe we have been here almost 2 weeks.  Time has a way of slipping away on us.
  The new Canadian flag is still flying high, so I guess I got it fastened well enough the other day.  It's a lot brighter than the old one and I have had several compliments, nice that people have noticed.
  It was a little bit cooler today, but the sun was out.  I went for a bike ride in the morning, it was only my third time riding, but nice to see the end of the rain.  We went for about 5 miles and when I said I was turning back, it was kind of funny, the other 3 guys did as well.  The wind was a bit cool, so not a good day for a long ride.
  We got the newspaper yesterday and again today.  It was pretty funny, when I ordered the paper I had given them our unit number from home [108], not the one here [86] by mistake.  When I called to ask why I wasn't getting it, this all came to light.  When I spoke with the guy who owns 108 here, he couldn't figure out why he got 2 papers, 2 days in a row.  Now that was a senior moment when I did that.  We read the paper and Marg clipped coupons, the Sunday paper is loaded with them. She said there were enough that it paid for the subscription, so a good deal.  After we had a nice lunch at home.  Marg made delicious toasted sandwiches today, so much better than going out.
  After lunch we went out to Burlington coat, one of Marg's favourites.  I took my pocket book along and waited in the truck, it was a nice day for that too.  She said it wasn't as good as usual & thought perhaps the stock was still pretty low from the Christmas shopping period and not yet replenished.  On the way back I went in to check out one of the sporting goods stores I usually frequent, but it was closed down.  Kind of surprised me as the economy is pretty good here.
  Later back at home we decided to bbq.  Roasted vegetables and some nice rib eye steaks were the menu and it turned out excellent.  These were some of the steaks we picked up at Albertsons the other day and they were very nice.  After supper it was ice cream social for desert.  For me it was back on the banana split, but Marg stayed with the sundae.  It was all good.

1 comment: