Thursday 12 February 2015

Thursday

A great day, a little breezy, but warm and sunny.
  I went to coffee & donuts this AM and sat with friends.  The best news out of it was I got a good donut, LOL.  Marg didn't come with me this time [her first miss in a while] as she had to go out for some groceries and a few other things.  With her and my commitments today, it was her only opportunity to do this, so she elected to miss the coffee deal.  I think they call it a coffee klatch.
  After I came back and made up a sign for the walking track.  After Gary & I measured it with the rhino, he asked if I would do this & it's pretty hard to refuse a guy who does so much for this park.  Made a couple of versions and he selected one to laminate and post on the track.  The sign is to tell users the length of the track, so was an easy one.  Stopped in the office on the way back to tell the park manager that I would be moving my trailer from the storage lot.  The neighbour is leaving and she offered that I could park it on her driveway, nice people from Washington state.
  By then Marg was back and went to water aerobics.  This was the choice she made and the reason she missed coffee.  They had a smaller bunch of gals today and they seem to like that as it gives them more room to thrash about in the pool.  The lower attendance may be a result of the cold water in the pool, it was only 84F and many seem to want it close to the level of the hot tub.  This is hard to believe or understand for us northerners.
  I drove today and 4 of us from the park went to Apache Creek, where we played 18 holes.  In case you aren't counting, that makes 3 consecutive days of golf, 45 holes.  It is a desert course, which means the fairways and such are green, but if you stray from the designated areas, it is hard sand and brush.  Also a horde of critters, like rabbits and gophers, even a lizard all over the place.  I hit the ball pretty well [especially off the tee], but did lose 2 balls today, probably those gophers took them down a hole.  Both were Powerstroke balls, thanks to Bill, so that would be appropriate down hole advertising.  LOL  My score was OK for me [read 100 or less] but not as good as the prior 2 days.  It seemed everyone struggled from time to time, but they are a bunch of characters, so we had fun.  I ended the day on with a par [4] on #18, so that will keep me returning, even if I did have to drive through an OB area to get there.  No I didn't stop in the area, my ball was in play where it landed.
  Marg made a couple of chicken pot pies.  One we had for supper and it was great.  The other she gave to Jim & Beth [from New Mexico].  She is the lady who had hip replacement surgery this past week and is back in their 5th wheel and although healing very well, had a tough day having her staples removed today.  They posted a pic of it with appreciative comments, nice folks.
  For happy hour today, it was hosted by Kenny & Doris and there were appetizers [most people brought something] and brandy slushes.  Marg went and there were a very large number of folks in attendance today.  Well not the four of us who had to work [aka golf], however we did speculate on what a brandy slush would taste like, while settling for beer.
  When I got back to the park we stopped for a beer at Pat & Gene's places and then it was home for supper.  Did I mention the great chicken pot pie?
  There was a big powerball lottery yesterday 550 million, but it appears no one we know has won.  There were 3 winners, one from Arizona, but surely they would have thrown a party if it was anyone here.  Oh well that would have been to much money for us to deal with anyway, but will now plan on winning the much smaller jackpot next week.   Hah!

1 comment: