Thursday 19 February 2015

Thursday, Feb 19th

  The day saw us up and off to a good start, me with the guys on our morning bike ride.  Marg with the coffee klatch down at the rec centre.  As it turned out the donuts were free this morning, so
I chose poorly, LOL.  Apparently the elections for officers in the tenants association will not be taking place as there were only sufficient nominations to fill the four available positions.  This was fortunate for the election chairman [Kenny] as it makes for a much easier process.  On the bicycle front, we made 7 miles today and it was pretty well as nice a day to ride as we could have asked for.
  When I got back, Marg went for water aerobics.  It was great weather for that as well, with the day warming quickly.  They had a good turnout for a good workout today.  The only negative was the park manager had filled the pool, well over-filled actually so everyone who is vertically challenged had to be on their toes.  ;>))  That of course included Marg, who could barely get the program done at 4 ft depth. Knowing the bunch that turn up for this I can imagine the shallow end was pretty full.
  I messed around with one of the cupboards in the kitchen.  There were a pile of wires left from something one of the previous owners had done.  They seemed to be for telephone and cable, not house voltage.  Anyway I chopped them all off and took them out.  This is the pots & pans cupboard and was pretty full, so I put a shelf in the back of it.  It is about the 3rd project I have done with the shelving that used to be in the Az room, some nice straight old 1"x12" pine.
  Marg made some soup for lunch, no not from a can or package, she really made the soup.  It was full of vegetables and stuff and turned out very tasty.  To accompany it she made some biscuits that also turned out to be very tasty.
  The afternoon was pretty casual for us.  We pretty much sat around in the cool patio area in the breezeway.  It was almost too hot to sit out on the back patio in the sun.  I don't believe we have done that before, but it was a nice break in our busy routine here.  We managed to free ourselves up for happy hour today.  There were a lot of ladies there, but only about 5 guys, so we had a nice visit.  Pretty funny as Larry had bought a bottle of scotch and had been telling me it was pretty good.  I usually just have one beer, but he went and poured me about 3 ounces in a shot glass.  Drink like that made me think of my old friend Bill P, that was what you could expect from him.  Anyway I pretty much had as much as anyone needed at that time of day.
  Supper was some left overs from the slow cooker meal the other day.  They were still good, especially when the left over buns from lunch were added to the table.  Then desert was the last of the brownies from the other day with a small bowl of ice cream and I was ready for a nap.  Well I was ready but we never had one.
  Forgot to mention that I went for fuel yesterday at the Fry's store.  I used Marg's discount points, so ended up paying $1.99 per gallon.  Fuel prices have been rising pretty quickly in the last couple of weeks so we appear to have seen the bottom of the rates.  While this may be good for the people working in the oil patch back home, it is not for the travelling public.  In prior years, it seems that fuel prices peak about when I fill the motorhome at the end of the winter months.  This however seems to be the earliest that trend has started, although Arizona is still reported to be less than the national average.

1 comment:

  1. Bless, miss Uncle Bill soo much... His birthday is the coming Thursday xx

    ReplyDelete