Wednesday 4 February 2015

February 4th

Wow - this is the weather we signed on for.  It started out sunny and pleasant and became very warm, I think it was 80F today and is forecast to get a bit warmer over the next few days.
  Gerry C showed up at his regular Wednesday time and we went out to Apache Sun for our golf game.  We both had our best nine holes of this winter.  I was in birdie or par position on most holes and finished with a 43, playing way over my head, but it was fun.
  Marg was finally feeling much better and went with the gamblin' gals to the Fort today.  The others fared better, but she never brought home the big win, but was able to hold her own and came about as close as possible to break-even.
  After a quick lunch, I went to work on the door I pulled apart yesterday and was able to get the fiberglass panels to adhere to the core.  Also got it all back together and hung on the hinges.  After a bit of trial and error I even got it to close.  The only fly in the ointment was the door handle and backset, it was ruined in the removal process.  A problem that is easily rectified at the local building supply outlet.  For the time being I have a string tied through the hole where it would normally go, but then I needed something to anchor it to so the door would not swing freely.  Marg had a bucket of potatoes there and potatoes are pretty heavy and the pail has a handle.  Pretty funny actually but there it sits, tied to a bucket of spuds.
  I just got in the shower and Marg was back from the road trip.  We made it down to happy hour for the obligatory one beer.  That is one beer for one of us, LOL.  We had some laughs there, actually more than usual.  It being Wednesday some of them were going to the Village Inn for free pie night.  We opted not to, rather went to the:  5 & Diner.  Bingers opted out of the free pie night and joined us, they had never been there before and had never used the coupons for it in the Coyote Coupon book.  Anyway they seemed to enjoy it, so all was good.  Well except Kenny & Doris still went to the Village Inn.
  On the way back, Jerry got a call from the guys playing poker, saying his presence was required, so we went right after we got back.  It was a good decision, well for me anyway as I came away with the coin bag a bit heavier than when I got there.
   Marg had committed to bake for the big sale here on Friday, so when we got back she baked her internationally famous chocolate brownies.  She found some neat containers to put them in, rather than slice them up.  Presentation I guess!  If you look at the pan, you will notice one piece missing.  It went to the official taste tester for a final opinion on whether they were ready for distribution.  In the case of international sale of the goods, a necessary step.  I am pleased to say it passed with flying colours.

1 comment:

  1. I played this morning. There were a few flakes of snow falling. The logo on my ball said "Apache Sun" but it didn't make me feel any warmer.

    ReplyDelete