Sunday 30 March 2014

Sunday

The day started out overcast, at home I would have thought it a rainy day, but by mid morning here the heat was climbing and it peaked at about 82F.
  I went over to the park model this AM to finish the application of sealer on the roof.  To do this I had to work off the neighbours driveway.  I didn't do it before as I didn't want to risk getting anything on her car.  She left yesterday for home with it, so I wanted to get it done while I still had time.  I took my bike down and put it in the Az room as I will be leaving it here. Marg put shelf lining in the cupboards and closet & did some tidying up.  Marg got another gorgeous house warming gift from Gary & Patti, I think she is posting a picture of it.  Norm D showed up with a bag of oranges.  Yesterday I had commented on the shortage of oranges this year as you don't see them being sold on every other street corner.  They have lots of trees in Viewpoint where he & Lucie are camped, so he picked a bag for us and brought them over.
  Really funny today, the neighbours across the street have a pair of dachshunds and while we were talking one took a liking to me and pretty much laid down on my foot.  He wouldn't budge, just laid there, the said that had never happened before.  Good for a laugh anyway.
  Stopped for lunch back at the m'home.  After lunch I met with the outgoing and incoming treasurers for the tenants association and did a review of the accounts.  They wanted an audit, but I advised them what they were seeking could be accomplished with a review and an audit wasn't warranted for an account this size.  Everything was in order and the new treasurer took possession of the books.
  Then we went out shopping, Marg was looking for a shower curtain set up and found that and a bunch of other accessories at several stores.  By the time we got back I barely had time to go for a brewski at happy hour.  There were only half a dozen of us, Marg barely made it as she was doing the vegetables to put on the bbq and came late.  A steak on the bbq and we were done.
  Tonight was the last ice cream social of the winter season.  This was a free event, but you got what you had last week, so I had a banana split and Marg a sundae.  Pretty good turn-out, mostly the regulars.  For the new people, they just gave them sundaes.  There was so much cake that they were encouraging people to take some for later, so we took a couple of pieces.
  Had a bit of a complication as Marg was planning to host happy hour on Tuesday, but had forgot about another event that we had agreed to attend that night, so now it will be Wednesday.  Just wanted to have people over to the new place. So far the guest list is already at 18 and we are sure some more will show up.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the temps are rising and the ice cream is starting to melt lol x

    ReplyDelete